Chapter 1

It all started in 8th grade. I was definitely falling for him, but I knew he would never feel the same. Right?

Christian was my best guy friend. Actually, he was my only guy friend. We would always act playful around each other, and in my mind it was flirting, but in his? Just friends hanging out and having fun.

But let's start from the beginning, shall we?

It was the first day of 8th grade, and as usual I was alone. I wasn't much of a social butterfly, or social at all really. But Christian was the kind of guy who talked to everybody no matter what they looked like or acted like. He was always starting conversations and trying to get to know you.

He came up to me at lunch on the first day of school because he notices I was all alone. From the second our eyes locked, I knew that this was going to be more of a friendship in my mind.

"Hey! I noticed you were alone and was wondering if I can have the pleasure of sitting with such a beautiful girl."

Now that totally seems like flirting, right? Well I thought so too. Until, I saw him talking to every other girl the exact same way.

"Sure."

I didn't say much to him on that first day, because I was so taken by his amazing bright green eyes.

"So, what's your name?" he asks me, with a huge grin on his face.

"Mallory," I say while looking down at my fork.

Oh yeah, I never told you guys my name. Well, it's Mallory obviously. I have always hated my name. But all the adults in my life think it's beautiful. Yeah, yeah.

"Oh, that's a really cool name. Mal-lor-ry," he says saying all the syllables. "Rolls right off the tongue!"

"Yeah, I guess."

He sat there quietly for 10 seconds before telling me his name. It seems I "forgot" to ask.

"Well, I'm Christian," he said a little too enthusiastically.

"Oh, nice to meet you."

"......"

I basically sat there twiddling my fork around while he babbled on and on about how his friends went to a different school, and his dad just got a new car, and blah blah this, blah blah that. I did however find out that he loves to read. Which I must say makes him just 10% cuter.

Just as I started to respond to his conversations, the bell rang.

Dang it.