ONE

CHAPTER ONE | oh shit

"Yo Auston, can you pass me my phone?"

Auston groaned and rolled his eyes at his teammate and now close friend, Mitch Marner.

"Can't you get it yourself, you have legs, use them."

Mitch pouted and got up to retrieve his phone himself. "Here I was thinking you would be a good friend and get it for me."

Mitch plopped himself down on the couch beside Auston. "What are you doing anyway that's so important that you couldn't pass me my phone?"

"Nothing." Auston shifted in his position, sending a glare in Mitchell's direction.

Mitch, being as persistent as he his, scooted closer and leaned over the Arizona teen's shoulder, trying to get a look at the phone screen.

"Gosh Marns, haven't you ever heard of personal space." Auston groaned trying to push away Mitch and his grabby hands.

"I want to see what you were doing."

"It's nothing."

"If it's nothing then why won't you show me." Mitch huffed, still reaching for Auston's phone.

When Auston didn't answer, Mitch lunged for his teammates phone. Auston was caught by surprise and his phone slipped from his grip.

The two wrestled for a moment before Auston's phone slipped from their grabby, sweaty palms and dropped onto the rug beneath the coffee table.

Mitch finally surrendered and shifted back into his spot on the couch, leaving Auston to retrieve his phone.

Auston grunted and stretched his body to reach his fallen phone. For a moment, he inspected it to make sure there were no cracks or imperfections on the sleek black screen.

Sighing in relief when he saw there weren't any, the Arizona teen slouched back into his seat and turned on his phone.

Auston's jaw immediately tightened and his brown eyes widened at what he saw on his screen in front of him.

"Woah Matthews, what's up? You look like you've seen a ghost, or like you've been caught taking the last cookie in the cookie jar." Mitch chuckled humorously at the expression plastered on his friend's face.

"Oh shit."

"What have you done to screw shit up this time?" Mitch groaned, feigning annoyance.

"I may have accidentally liked a girl's post from 120 weeks ago."

Mitchell Marner's jaw dropped in disbelief. "Wait, let me see." Mitch reached out his hands for Auston's phone like a grabby child. This time Auston sighed and passed it to him without hesitation.

~

120 weeks ago

120 weeks ago

mayaaclarkk: Ride Or Die 🌹

682 likes
203 comments

~

"Woah, dude you have to admit that she's hot."

Auston shot him a glare, "why do you think I was scrolling through her profile."

Immediately after those words slipped through his lips, Auston let out a loud groan, followed by a sigh and then proceeded to run his fingers through his hair, a nervous habit of his.

"God Mitch, what do I do, she's gonna think that I'm a huge creep."

"Dude, you ARE a huge creep." Mitch clutched his stomach as he began laughing his ass off at his attempt at a joke.

Auston rolled his eyes, something he did often when it came to conversations with Mitchell Marner.

"I'm serious Mitchell, what do I do?"

"Just DM her and explain that you liked it on accident."

-

First Chapter!! I hope you guys liked it

Vote and comment , tell me what you think
Much love ❤️