ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN | dinner plans

The following day, a smile was brought to Maya's face as her phone lit up with "incoming call from Auston 💙"

Maya excused herself from the room, which left Zoe to wonder where her friend was going.

Maya entered her bedroom and shut the door behind her. She sat on her bed and hovered her thumb over the green button. A sense of nervousness suddenly over came her. This would be her first time hearing Auston's voice.

Maya let out a deep breath and slowly pressed her thumb against the green button.

"Maya, it's me...uh Auston."

"Hi Auston."

Maya immediately felt her cheeks heat up at the sound of his voice, which she wouldn't deny was deep and sexy.

"I was uh...I was wondering if you were free on Friday night?"

Maya chuckled, "I think so,why?"

"I thought maybe we could go out to dinner together and...uhh..hopefully get to know each other."

"Yeah, I'd love that Auston."

"Great, I'll pick you up at 7 on Friday night."

A big grin formed on Maya's face, "Sounds good, I can't wait."

"Enjoy the rest of your night Maya."

"You too Auston."

And like that, with a click of the button, the call was ended but the evident grin on Maya's face had yet to leave.

Maya spread her arms and let her body fall and hit the bed below her. The feeling she got just from talking to Auston on the phone was indescribable. She hadn't even met the guy yet but he already managed to fill her chest with butterflies.

After regaining her composure and the evident redness of her cheeks had diminished, Maya left her room and rejoined Zoe in the living room.

Zoe's gaze immediately fixated on Maya as she entered the room, the first thing she noticed was her best friends flushed cheeks.

"Who have you been talking too, miss rosy cheeks?" Zoe teased, patting the spot on the couch beside her.

Maya took a seat and placed her legs across Zoe's lap. "It was Auston."

Zoe's jaw hung open, "you mean Auston Matthews, THE Auston Matthews who creeped your Instagram?"

Maya swatted Zoe's arm playfully, "yes, silly. I gave him my number and he asked if he could take me to dinner on Friday night."

"And what did you say?"

Maya shrugged, "I said yes."

"My are you sure that that's such a good idea, I mean you just met him...and online for that matter."

Maya rolled her eyes at her friend's protectiveness, "Zo, it's his official account, he's not some online predator and besides I've seen enough of his post game interviews to know that his voice matched the voice on the phone."

Zoe sighed, "But he's an NHL player, do you know what his intentions with you are?"

Maya removed her legs from Zoe's lap and sat up a bit straighter and folded her arms across her chest, "dinner is just for us to get to know each other, that's it."

Zoe's face softened, "I'm sorry My, you know I'm just looking out for you right? I just want what's best for you."

Maya gave Zoe a half smile and rested her head on Zoe's shoulder, "I know Zo, thank you."

The two girls sat in silence, enjoying each others company as a cheesy movie played on the television. Once the movie was over the two girls said goodnight before parting into their separate bedrooms.

As Maya climbed into bed she looked at her phone to see that she three messages from Auston and one from an unknown number.

From Auston 💙: hey, I hate to admit this but I kinda forgot to ask you for your address

From Auston 💙: anyway, really looking forward to dinner tomorrow, sleep well and text me you address when you see this

From Auston 💙: also, I gave Mitch your number cause he kept bugging me for it, I hope that's ok with you

From unknown number: hiii Maya it's your bestie Mitch, I convinced Auston to give me your number so you can talk to your bestie anytime ;)

Maya smiled at the messages and typed out a reply to both of the boys.

To Auston 💙: haha it's ok, my address is ******** , floor 22, apartment number 27, my apartment isn't that far from the ACC so you should have no problem finding it

To Auston 💙: I'm excited too, and thanks for giving my bestie Mitch my number, sleep tight, see you tomorrow xx

To Mitch 🐶: yayyy can't wait to talk to my bestie ;) we definitely need to meet soon!

Maya sighed contentedly as she turned off her phone and snuggled deeper into the covers. She fell asleep thinking of how her dinner with Auston would go.

-
Hope you enjoyed that chapter
Don't forget to vote and comment
Much love xx