2

Heaven

Dear thoughts,

It is June 11th, 1991. Today is the day I'm assigned a new human to watch over.

I don't think I'm emotionally ready for a new assignment. Gregory was important to me. All of my humans are important to me. But he was special.

I don't want to be an angel from heaven anymore. Even hell seems better than heaven. A guardian angel is a hard job. A job only pure souls can do. At least that's what my master tells me.

It's 2:39am, I have to go now. My new assignment will start very soon.

How does one close out a journal entry?

Would it be 'Love, Phil'?, 'Sincerely Phil'?

Oh! How about 'the Angel'? Is that too weird? Probably. Oh well. Oh no, it's time to go now.

~the Angel

***
"Now Philip," Hycero stated, "you know how assignments work. You know how to work with them, and not for them," I nodded and kept up with his pace.

"Speak up boy!" Hycero's voice boomed through the hall. "Yes sir..." I trailed off. Would my new assignment be a boy? A girl? Neither?

"Philip, you are going to be looking after a boy named Daniel James Howell. You will take care of him. You will help him through life. You will not, no matter the circumstance make him do anything." I gulped and nodded as Hycero and I continued down the hallway.

"And here is you're new assignment" my master gestured over to the newly born baby boy.

***
A/n: I'm so sorry! This was supposed to be uploaded about 5 days ago, but I've been really busy with a lot of stuff lately, excuses I know. But here is the update! I hope you enjoyed it :)