1

The Journal of Dreams

Dear thoughts,

It is June 10th, 1991. It's kinda weird. And hard to explain. But I'm dead. I died a very long time ago. I don't even remember the year I died. When did I die? How did I die? I'm not allowed to ask my master. He'll punish me. My masters name is Hycero. He's the leader of all of us Angels. We are the stereotypical "white Angels". The Angels you see in churches, on Christmas cards.

As angel, we are assigned humans to guide through life. We are supposed to watch them grow up to hopefully become successful beings, and watch them die. When you're a new angel, the job may be very saddening the first few people you encounter. But after years and years of doing it, you get used to it. We are assigned one being at a time. So that all of our focus is on one person.

The being I was looking after, died not too long ago. His name was Gregory Waso. He died in his chair of a heart attack at the age of 87. I had been looking after him for 87 years, from birth until death. It's a long time for us, but a wicked short time for them. We are given a 2 week break in between each human.

My 2 week break is almost over and I'll be assigned a new human by tomorrow. I don't really want to be assigned to someone new. I'm kinda tired of this job. I would like to see my family again. Do I still have a family? My master doesn't tell us those things. The only thing I can remember is that the age I died was 19. I don't know how I died though.

I'm going to hope that my new assignment tomorrow will be a good one.

Oh, and my name is phil.