Chapter Three: Burned Memories

"Snowfeather, I thought you didn't survive the fire!" Cherrystar said, almost crying.  

  During the fire, Cherrystar was searching for Snowfeather but couldn't find her. She assumed she didn't survive, so she escaped with the three other cats that she could find that survived; Birchwing, Shatterbone, and Jaggedbee. 

"I was hunting, but then I saw the massive fire on the camp. I couldn't find anyone, so I just ran in some random direction and found this place," Snowfeather explained, "and then I found a group of loners. I met Kip, who's now my mate. I wanted to take him hunting...I never knew you live here now!"

"So does Birchwing! Shatterbone and Jaggedbee...used to. They both died of Greencough." Cherrystar looked down, realizing that she, Birchwing, and Snowfeather were the only ones from their original clan.

Snowfeather tilted her head to the side in confusion. "Birchwing? Did Birchpaw become a full medicine cat?"

"Well, not really. I didn't want to keep him as an apprentice. He's not even fully trained, so we don't have a proper medicine cat. I just wish Cindersnow didn't die in the fire, that way Birchwing could've completed his training," Cherrystar sighed.

Cherrystar tensed when she sensed another cat nearby, one that she didn't know. "Snowfeather, is it safe to come out?" A tom's voice asked, coming from behind a bush.

"Yes, Kip. I have someone I want you to meet," Snowfeather purred, sitting down.

The head of a dark-red Siamese peeked out from behind the bush. He had two different coloured, wide-open eyes.

"Oh, so you're Kip." Cherrystar relaxed, knowing there wasn't any danger.

The tom nodded, and walked over to them. Cherrystar had to hold back saying anything when she saw something special about him; he was missing one of his front legs.

"Kip, this is Cherrystar. She was the leader of my clan I was talking about," Snowfeather explained.

"Right, I heard your conversation. Cherrystar, it's an honor to meet you! Snowfeather's told me so much about you, you seem like an amazing leader!" Kip purred, lowering his head in respect.

Cherrystar felt a rush of pride. Even cats outside of the clan know about me!

Snowfeather's nose twitched, and she looked around. "I smell other cat's territory. Are loners around?" She asked.

Cherrystar shook her head. "I started a new clan, Blossomclan! Want to see the camp?" She offered, and Snowfeather immediately nodded.

Cherrystar led Snowfeather and Kip back to camp. She subtly looked at Kip, noticing how he walked. He gimped a little, having to move his front leg in an awkward way after moving his hind legs forward. As they walked down the slope that led into camp, Snowfeather had to help Kip walk without losing his balance and falling.

Kip instantly showed an expression of amazement as he looked around camp. Diamondleap was resting under the shade of the Blossom Tree, though a good distance from the Fresh Kill Pile. Creekpelt and Wolflake were sharing a hedgehog nearby the nursery, and Birchwing was resting in the entrance of the Medicine Den. Patchkit was sleeping in the Nursery on a moss bed.

"This is Blossomclan Camp!" Cherrystar purred, looking at her two guests.

"It's much better than the scrapyard!" Kip mewed. He looked at Snowfeather, who nodded in agreement.

Wolflake looked up from the hedgehog and noticed the strange cats with Cherrystar. A growl rumbled from his throat as he stood up and walked over. "Cherrystar, who are these cats?" he asked, his hackles slowly raising.

"The she-cat is Snowfeather, and the tom is Kip. Snowfeather was a warrior of our past clan, and Kip is a loner she met, who's now her mate." Cherrystar explained, giving him a stern look that said to 'stand down'.

Birchwing's head lifted at the mention of Snowfeather's name. He stood up and walked over to her, tilting his head in confusion.

"You survived the fire? How?" He asked, intrigued.

"Well, I wasn't quite...near the fire. I was out hunting, and then I saw the fire. I looked for any cats, but didn't find anyone so I ran," Snowfeather explained.

Birchwing nodded in understanding.

"Snowfeather, would you and Kip like to sleep over? Or would you rather go back to your...er...'Loner Camp'?" Cherrystar offered.

Snowfeather chuckled at the "Loner Camp" statement and looked at Kip, her eyes asking for his decision.

"I'd love to sleep over! How about you, Snowy?" Kip responded with a purr.

"It would be great to sleep with Clanmates again. I'll stay over, too," Snowfeather said with a nod.

Cherrystar smiled. "Wonderful. Diamondleap, do we have any fresh moss beds for them?

~*Author's Note*~

Okay omg I'm sorry but the clan allegiances in every chapter is not gonna be a thing in the next book. It's sooo annoying, I swear. One little mistake I notice in one chapter I have to fix in every single chapter. ;m;

Oh, I should talk about the chapter...Welp, it was super cute to watch all of the videos on cats missing a leg <3 I had to watch a lot of them to see their habits, struggles, and walking patterns. Did'ya know Snowfeather was originally going to be the one missing the front leg? Then I was like: "Wait, a cat can't really hunt when missing a leg...whoops." So I instantly changed it so her mate had the missing leg. If you're wondering how I got a cat to be without a leg on the Sims, then it's a Sliders mod. I can't remember the name, I'm sure if you look it up it'll show up ^u^

I hope you're enjoying this story! If you liked it, then please vote and share it with your friends. Why not comment what you liked about it, and follow me if you like my stories!