Chapter Four: In Search of Help

One moon had passed, and it was nearing the end of Leaf-fall and the beginning of Leafbare. The Blossom Tree was practically empty, with all of it's leaves fallen off. Snowfeather and Kip had gone back to their home after they slept over but visited Blossomclan once in a while to say hello.

Creekpelt had started to show signs of her pregnancy, and she told Cherrystar about it. She moved into the nursery, keeping Patchkit company and allowing Cherrystar to focus more on her Leadership duties.

Prey had started to become scarce. It was much harder to catch prey since most creatures were hiding from the cold, preparing for hibernation during Leafbare. Afternoon hunting had been doubled, one at sun-high and one only a small time later. With only two cats able to hunt at a time, it had become increasingly difficult.

"Diamondleap, we may have to recruit more warriors," Cherrystar said. She and Diamondleap were sitting inside of the Leader's den to have a discussion relating to the Clan issues.

"Creekpelt won't have her kits for at least a moon or two, and Patchkit will become an apprentice late. Diamondleap, do you know of any other kittypets that live nearby?" Cherrystar asked, sounding desperate.

Diamondleap shook his head. "I only knew Bravespirit, Wolflake, and Creekpelt...Wait! What about the scrapyard that Snowfeather and Kip talked about? There might be other loners there!" He mewed, hope shining in his eyes.

Cherrystar gasped and nodded in agreement. "You're right! She said she met a group of loners, so there must be others. Wolflake can stay and guard camp since we have to leave at least one warrior to do so, so should you and I go?"

"Yes, we should. You're the leader, anyways," Diamondleap purred.

Cherrystar padded out of the den and walked over to Wolflake, who was sharing tongues with Creekpelt. "Wolflake, me and Diamondleap have to go on a special mission. Would you mind guarding the camp?" She asked.

"Of course. I mean, I doubt anybody will attack. There aren't any rogues around," Wolflake purred, nuzzling Creekpelt before getting up and walking off to the entrance.

Diamondleap and Cherrystar left the camp, walking past Wolflake.

"Their scent is still fresh, so I'm sure we could follow it," Cherrystar commented, sniffing the ground. Snowfeather and Kip visited a couple of days ago, and no weather had covered their unique scents.

Diamondleap lowered his head to do the same. "Yeah, they most likely went right back to their home."

The two cats followed the scent trail that led them to a small Thunderpath. Cherrystar was afraid to cross, but Diamondleap just ran right across. "C'mon, there's never any monsters this early in the morning," he mewed.

Cherrystar took a deep breath and nodded. She bounded across the Thunderpath, her paws barely making a sound when they landed. Diamondleap nodded and showed a look of approval when she reached the other side.