Introduction

HAPPY NEW YEARS .....

The ball just dropped and all your hear is screaming all throughout my block. I'm new to the neighborhood...it's our first New Years here. Honestly I'm not really excited, I'm just ready to finish my engineering homework and get this day over with.

"What's wrong Monie?" My mom asks
"Nothing just tried ya know"
"Cheer up its a new year, have fun for once"

I didn't say anything, just gave a fake grin. Me and my mom are close but I hate when she acts like this. I just sit back and watch as everyone has a good time. We threw a party so it's a lot of people over. I don't really like attention, I stay to myself ...not really social I have a few close friends and absolutely NO BOYFRIEND. Boys don't do anything but break hearts.

Bzzzzz bzzzzz bzzzzzz

"Hello"
"Hey Monica"
"Hey dad, happy New Years"
"Happy New Years baby, you ok? You seem down"
"Yea, just tired been up for a while ya know"
"Yea definitely...I know the feeling"
"When are you coming to get me? I miss Sevan"
"When do you go back to school?"
"The fifth...."
"Well I'll get you later on today and bring you back the third okay?"
"Yea..sure I guess"
"Tell everyone I said happy New Years, Love you"

My dad divorced my mom when I was 12, I'm 14 now. He divorced her for some woman he met over the internet.... It turns out when he went on a "business trip" to New Orleans he really went to meet her. Now fast forward they have a two year old daughter named Sevan. Don't get me wrong I love Sevan to death but I can not stand nor forgive my father for what he did. My mom was depressed for a while....they were happily married for 11 years. I decided to stay with my mom and I didn't talk to my father for a good 6 months, I had so much hate built up towards him.

For my own sake I talked to him when Sevan was born because of course I wanted to be apart of my sister's life. Even though she's not my full sisters she is my half, it's not her fault my dad messed up so she shouldn't have to suffer from his pathetic mistakes.

When he divorced my mom he moved to Delaware ....because that's where his new wife lived. Me and my mom stayed in Maryland. She wanted to move far far away and start our lives over but honestly, I didn't wanna go. I liked it here, all my family and friends were here I wasn't ready to leave, so we stayed.

"Who was that?" My mom asked as I walked back in the house
"It was Tony"
"Mmmm...when is he getting you?"
"Later on today"

Bzzzzz bzzzzz bzzzzz

"Hello?"
"Happy New Years baby"
"Don't call me baby Tj... but happy New Years"
"Why you keep playing, give me a chance we can start the year off right Monica"
"I'll call you back"

Tj is this cutie from my Spanish class. He's a junior and I'm a freshman. That alone has A B O R T written all over it. Yes he's cute, smart, worked and had his own car but I refused to give any boy the time of day. They were just distractions.