i. imagine

————————————————

bleeding wounds
and
your last breath

————————————————

TO INSPIRE or to not is irrevocably impossible. One is not so easily swayed, as mentioned by countless others who seem to be hypocritical to their very own words, and can resist the temptations of the world if their will is strong enough.

Temptation rolls off their lips like a sweet chocolate dripping off their cheeks. Their words pull at your heart strings and make you feel an emotion you've never felt before. You ponder after they leave, but they smirk as they walk away, already aware that you're in their grasp now.

You stay up at night, wondering if their words were true and if they apply to you. You brush off their words and (try to) reassure yourself that you're not like others—you're not that easy to fool. Sleep takes over and you dream of their blushing lips, whispering sweet nothings into your ear.

The next day your mind seems to be spinning. You're wondering where they are and lightly laugh when you spot them with someone else. You're walking over when they pull the person close and give them the same look they've given you. A glance in your direction makes them grin full of deceit.

The glint in their eyes is dangerous and you know it, but who's never wanted to give into this sweet temptation that's offering to give you all you've ever wanted. The only problem is you're not the only one they're offering to.

Smiles are foreign to you now and times has passed since you've first met your sweet temptation. It has lived up to your expectations, but you've stopped expecting so much anymore.

You age more and more each day and it seems like your life went from complete bliss to complete hell. There are only two ways to get you out of this situation, but you can never get the courage to do either of those things.

They enter the room, eyes calculating and head high. They're walking towards you like you're the only one they see, but you stopped believing in that lie a long time ago.

Lips bruised and face bright, you know they've been with someone else. They ask you what's wrong and you're immune to their smile that once so long age used to make you smile.

A whispered nothing escapes your lips and it's only a matter of seconds before they move out of your grasp and they're too far away too reach now.

You're in your room now and it's there that is dawns on you what you've done with your life. It's like a shot—no, a stabbing pain that rushes through your body and it should hurt, but it doesn't. It should hurt, but it doesn't.

And in your last moments, you can't help but think of them, of your sweet temptation that promised to be everything you've wanted. Too be inspired or to not be. It's only a matter of time before you go against the odds and make a choice that changed your whole life.

A confusing mesh of moments and one last press of your lips before your eyes lose focus and your hearts stops beating and I'm all you see. I've honored my word and I hope you will too. All I've ever been is a figment of your imagination and it's been a pleasure doing business with you.

————————————————

part one of
your
last thoughts

————————————————