ii. uniformity

————————————————

last embrace
and
unspoken words

————————————————

THE WORLD is a cruel place. Always has been and always will be. As it continues to evolve and reshape society, the conflicts inflicted on its inhabitants seem to take a more forward approach. Everything becomes much more personal and feelings enhance actions.

People blame people and attempt to reform, but all they're doing is creating another problem in this world that's got way too many.

And what of those who can actually make change happen? Their ideas are new and foreign—something the world is afraid of. Instead of support, they receive opposition. They are brought down by the harsh words of society that seem to pierce their soul with each blow.

They smile through their tears, but they're breaking. They're breaking. Each time a little more. The little support they had gave up.

Who are we to blame then? The world? For not creating a new world where life would be better?

Everyday a new person suffers. Everyday someone is knocked down. Everyday we worsen even though we try to improve. Everyday we make a mistake we know we're gonna regret, but we still do it anyway!

The world is not to blame. There is no one to blame because that doesn't resolve anything. We, as a society, have made a choice. A choice to set standards, to set expectations. We might not all agree with them, but it lingers. It lingers in the back of your mind and it stays there because everyone is thinking the same thing and you know it.

An explicit reality where everyone is frighteningly aware of past mistakes. A hidden reality where the government is head and the citizens are oblivious. There will never be a perfect world, a utopia.

The world will continue being cruel with its unjust ways and its select few it has chosen to spare. The majority will suffer as it lives each day under the bright sun and the pale moon.

People evolve and try to improve. Their way of living changes and they adapt to what the world throws at them.

Time has no meaning. It only takes a short tick and the next number awaits. Humans die and live again. Some go down in history and prove their worth. Others just become a number in a mass of numbers.

A new era awaits the next and it's only a matter of time before people gain the courage to stand up for what they believe in, but then again, when has the world ever worked in favor of the people? Humans keep making the same mistakes even though we say that we'll learn from them.

The sun will continue to rise and it will continue to set. A new day awaits. There is a chance for everyone to make a difference, but only few will try and of those few, not many will succeed. I guess it's the thought that counts?

Just remember that the world is a cruel place. It will most likely never work in your favor and if it does, well then, let's just hope it stays that way.

————————————————

part two of
your
last thoughts

————————————————