YoonKook

jungkook's just messing around while everyone's getting situated. they're going to practice their dance in a few but there's always these minutes beforehand where everyone is fooling around and not in a working mood. usually, namjoon is the one to get them all together and make them start, but right now he can't say anything because he's a part of it too. so, jungkook is dancing around to their new song playing over the loud speakers, taehyung and jimin and hoseok all joining him or dancing off in their own world. seokjin's diligently reviewing the moves, thinking in his head about what movements after what and the beats echoing out on his lips of one. two. three. jungkook knows not to bother him lest he be berated about 'just cause you can dance doesn't mean everyone can.' namjoon's off by himself too, not practicing like jin, but practicing his singing or expression or whatever he's doing in the mirror. he might just be trying to film his own cf. then, jungkook makes his way over to yoongi who's sitting on the floor, hunched over his ipad, doing something. and when jungkook sits down next to him he doesn't even look over.

for a bit, jungkooks okay with just watching him. he's playing some game or something. but, he won't answer any of jungkooks questions about what exactly is the point of the game and what is it. it's annoying. sometimes yoongi does this thing where he just ignores you to get you to go away. most of them are used to it, but jungkook's only asking simple questions that if yoongi answered in a meager two words, he'd go away and leave yoongi alone. it's happened before. however, yoongi's glaring over at him and shooing him away and telling him to go dance with the other three hyperactive kids. and jungkook tries to pout because half the time it does work with yoongi, but this time is the other half. so, he's irritated and yoongi is not really one to be messed with, jungkook learned that a year ago when he accidentally tore yoongi's shirt and he got socked in the jaw (loving the maknae be damned). it's a bad idea, but jungkook reaches for yoongi's ear and tugs to get his attention. definitely a bad idea, because yoongi tenses and he only does that when he's ten seconds away from throwing a punch.

"what jungkook?" his voice is calm though.

"i just wanted your attention hyung," jungkook says.

"okay, so. what. you have it. let go of my ear, please." yoongi's clenching his jaw and he seems angry, but not violent anger more annoyance. then, it's okay to tease.

"you always grab my ear, hyung." jungkook grins, and rubs at yoongi's earlobe. he expects yoongi to try and pull himself out of jungkook's grasp, or glare, or he just doesn't expect to look up and see yoongi cheeks tinged slightly pink and biting at his lip. yoongi-hyung doesn't blush. it's, like, not in his genetic code.

"let go, jungkook." he sounds tense. this time jungkook does let go out of shock. yoongi abruptly stands up and pushes jungkook as he leaves very quickly out the door. it slams and everyone looks over at him.

"what did you do?" namjoon sighs, but this time jungkook doesn't actually know.

---

yoongi wasn't mad. he actually rarely ever gets mad, just angry enough to throw a few punches and yell in that moment. he doesn't hold grudges for more than a day or two at max. but none of that happened with this. yoongi had gone back to the dance practice of his own accord and, although he had ignored jungkook all practice except a few glances, he was his normal self. and even with that, as soon as they got back to the dorm he was truly completely himself. no ignoring jungkook, no side glances, nothing. regular yoongi.

that's how jungkook knows something different.

and so jungkook plans this: watch a movie with yoongi, jimin (since jimin always agrees), and he'll be able to get yoongi alone since jimin's awful at staying up for late night movies. it works, yoongi doesn't even notice jimin's fallen asleep on the other side of jungkook.