02; Bavasi

a/n: so i hope you guys are enjoying this story so far. i know last chapter was sort of a small start but that's okay. please keep in mind i'm writing another book while i'm writing this one so updates may be close to each other or spaced out. but no matter what this book will be finished by at least the beginning of march so you'll still get the story within a good amount of time. anyways enjoy the chapter. lots of love, ash❤❤

"Hey baby I got that" the dark haired man ran up to me at the door tearing the suitcases from my hands.

"Benjamin. I'm fine" I said collecting his face in my hands and he smiled and turned his head kissing my hand.

"Yeah but I don't want to tire my baby and other baby out" he said bending down to my beach ball of a stomach and kissing it. I laughed and he threw the last of the suitcases in the trunk of our car as I locked the door.

"I honestly can't wait to get to the valley. This trip was long overdue" I said as he helped me into the car. He ran around and hopped inside.

"I agree" he said grabbing my hand as he smiled and drove off. We made it to the valley quickly and we pulled up in front of his old house. I smiled as we stepped out of the car and he collected the bags.

"Oh there they are" his mother cooed from the front porch. I walked towards her a hand on my stomach as she hugged me.

"Oh my gosh look at how big you are" she grabbed my stomach and smiled. Benny stepped beside her as he set our bags inside the house.

"Cmon mom let's let her get inside and settled in" he said as he grabbed me and helped me with the step inside he house. I smiled in a thanks as we walked down the hallway to his room. He set down our bags on top of the bed as he clicked them open.

"I'm gonna go ahead and start unpacking. Why don't you help your mom with the food" I said and he nodded kissing me lightly before walking out. I grabbed stuff out of our suitcases before opening the drawers. Some old T-shirts and cloths of his still lined the walls of each drawer. I chuckled and started sorting through until my finger brushed across an unfamiliar fabric. I slowly pulled the white lace out of the drawer. I laughed out loud as I clutched it to my chest.

"Benjamin" I yelled and he came shuffling into the room.

"What's wrong?" he asked and I turned and held up the old bra.

"What the hell?!" I said and he bit his lip trying to hold back his laughs.

"You kept it all these years?" I asked and he pulled it out of my hand and he set it on top of the dresser before grabbing my sides and pulling me close to him.

"Of course I did. I got that the night I knew I was stupid enough to not notice how much I had been in love with you the whole time. Even though it's not really a symbol to show off its still something that's apart of our relationship" he kissed the side of my head and neck as he spoke. I sighed into his touch and smiled.

"You crack me up. Why couldn't you have kept something like that stupid book I was telling you about the first night I brought you out on a night adventure or even something silly like a gum wrapper from a piece of gum I gave you" I said and he stepped back opening his closet. He grabbed a shoe box from the top and handed it to me. I popped open the top to see the book right on top. I chuckled pulling it out only to realize their was more inside. It held pictures of us at the sandlot and a photo booth picture we took right before I left for LA. There was so much from before we were even a couple until we were.

"I love you" I pulled his face to mine and kissed him quickly.

"Kids!...............oh my gosh I miss saying that!" we heard his mom yell down the hallway and I lightly laughed.

"Yes Mom!" Benny yelled back and I could just see her squealing.

"Some friends are here to see you!" Benny pushed open the door his one arm still wrapped around me as we made our way down the hallway. As soon as we rounded the corner I saw the boys.

"Rodriguez! Bavasi!" Ham yelled. The excitement level lowered as we looked at him.

"Ham my name isn't Bavasi" I said and his red eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean your last name has always been Bavasi" Scott landed a hand to his head.

"I know but it's not anymore I changed it" I said and he looked around the rest of the boys for an answer still confused.

"So you can just change your last name if you don't like it anymore?" he asked and I chuckled lightly.

"Ham when I married Benny my last name changed to Rodriguez so we're both Rodriguez" I said and finally a long 'oh' fell from his lips.

"That makes sense" he said and I rolled my eyes and started collecting the boys in my arms the same with Benny. All of them refused to press against my stomach all looking at it as if it was an alien.

"Guys. I'm pregnant not broken" I said and Squints smiled and hugged me unlike all the boys.

"Wendy is pregnant too with our 3rd kid" he said and I smiled and hugged him again. He was the only one other than Denunez to really stay in town. Denunez did leave to play Triple A ball but as soon as he didn't make it to he big leagues he moved back here. Squints stayed even for college. He married Wendy and now he owns the local pharmacy. Ham has been off training for wrestling and Yeah Yeah was at Military school. Timmy and Tommy had been studying architecture in the city.

Out of everyone the only ones of us to really stay together was me Benny and Smalls. Benny became the baseball player he always wanted to be and Scotty was the radio announcer for all Dodgers games. I published my books. Everything was perfect. Except for Bertram. No one really knew where he was he sorta just disappeared. I think he's traveling the world but the boys have other theories.

"Congratulations Squints" I hugged him again.

"So what do you guys say. One more good old game on the Sandlot" Benny grabbed a baseball from the counter beside him and tossed it in the air.

"I would be in but I can't play" I said and Benny smiled and lightly touched my stomach.

"It's okay Meil's well just use you as the ball" Ham stated as they started filing out the house. My eyes shot daggers at him but Benny just chuckled and wrapped his arm around me helping me out the house.

"Mom we're going to play ball! Be back later"