Cuddling

((Literally a pure piece of nonsense fluff that I wrote at one in the morning. Enjoy 😊))

"Your hand is so small..."

The random words drew a chuckle from the smaller nation, making his cheeks dust a light, rosy color.

"You've told me," He replied, and that got him a kiss on the forehead.

"But it's really warm... y'know?"

"I know..."

Presently, Kiku was sitting comfortably on Alfred's lap, both hands intertwined, his head pressed comfortably against his taller boyfriend's chest. Often, Alfred would say something random, but it would never break the mood. Every time Kiku heard the blonde whisper something to him, whether it be humorous, endearing, perhaps even lustful, he felt a small pang in his chest that no one else could produce.

No one else could fit against him so perfectly, match his every thought and every beat of his heart. Even when they seemed apart, they were together, and that was what Kiku loved the most.

No one else could look at him with those eyes, the ones that were a chilling shade of electric blue, and made Kiku feel like he would never sleep again. Like he would spend every night for the rest of his life obsessed, completely lost in the pitiful pools of love with no way out.

His thoughts were interrupted by a forehead pressed against his, and he saw those eyes up close, and he lost himself again. Kiku leaned foreword a bit and left a kiss on Alfred's nose, making the blonde laugh in a similar way to how Kiku had before.

The laugh was angelic. Kiku was swept away. Again.

So, he flat out decided he couldn't handle it and closed his eyes. He felt the comforting presence of his lover, regardless. A sigh passed his lips, and he pulled away, opening his warm brown eyes. He tried to give the sweetest look he knew how to give, to let his Alfred know just how much he meant it,

"I love you."

He was pulled into the taller's arms again, and he rested his head on Alfred's shoulder.

"Daisuki,"

Alfred muttered back quietly, trying to imitate Kiku's sudden intimacy. Kiku pulled back and whispered lightly in his ear,

"I love you more."

Now he was being showered with kisses, and Kiku couldn't suppress the small chuckles that emerged from him as the American continued to lavish his face.

He was smiling. He was happy. God, Alfred made him so happy.

"And... how about trees?" Alfred grinned, putting his chin on top of Kiku's head. "Aren't they pretty this time of year?"

Kiku smiled to himself and looked down.

"I know. You've told me."