Gaps and Freckles

The sweet whistle crackles like an old vinyl from his deep red lips and sparkly white teeth with a smooth small gap in between. The sun hits his freckles like a field of flowers over a hill, each one having their own pattern of petals.

Hunter.

His name rings bells in my head and makes heat run to the tip of my ears. His name is like the sweet melody of your favorite song to your ears over and over on a never ending loop.

I've never spoken to him, no no, I just look from afar at him and his friends.

Claire, her beauty radiates off her like the heat off the sun and it makes me melt. Her black almost bluish curled hair trickles down her back. Her cheek bones are higher than the Empire State Building and you can feel her sense of confidence and authority as it hits you in the face like a gust of wind. Her eyes are small like slits but so dark you'd get lost in them over and over.

Adam, his skin is darker than the sweetest chocolate cake you've ever seen, it glistens off the sun and his teeth sparkle when he smiles. His hair falls in dark as midnight curls making me mesmerized for a second too long.

I've always felt that I understood them, they always seem so unattached to the people around them and they only time they laugh is when together. Their laughs are like sweet sugary cake that I can't stop eating. I've succumbed to craving the sound of their laughs.

Carefully, I sit at my lunch table that's empty as always, pulling my oversized jacket on comfortably as I look at their table out the corner of my eye. My eyes squint out of admiration as I look at Hunter, his strong cheeks bones like his sister that makes his cheeks sink in keep me in awe. Eye brow raise, he raises it as high as it can and looks around and then locks eyes with mine keeping a tight grip on all of my attention. I gasp a bit as he winks and continues talking with his table.

His eyes were more pleasing than a white person acknowledging reverse racism is not real.

Soon as the bell rings I rush out my seat trying to brush away my anxiety, leaving my tray and fast walking to the inside while feeling a bit creepy for always watching them, wanting to be one of them.

Walking into the bathroom with my head down and hair covering my eyes a bit I scream immediately. I slowly walk backwards and look at the sign. I just walked into the boys bathroom and I just saw someone using the urinal, Hunter.

-------------------------------

REALLY SHORT BUTTTTT I'm not a long chapter kind of person tbh. Honestly I have so much anxiety posting this book😭 feel like it isn't good enough, ya know? Well k (: