Chapter 3 (Blue feathers)

It's Sunday afternoon.

My afternoon.

I was awaken by the alarm at my bedside table. How can I sleep so long? Yowned. Fix. Walk.

I opened my front door and swam in the sunlight. I found a small box. I got it and went inside.

The box is light. As light as a pen. The only weight I could feel is my heavy body. The weight on my shoulders and the weight of the box. Only the box.

Hmmmmm. What can this be? I went inside my room to find a pair of scissors. But I failed. I went to the kitchen and got a knife. I went back inside a room where the box is waiting for me. Cut the tapes in half and carefully opened the box. As if there's something fragile inside. And saw something. Something I couldn't even wonder why.

Blue feathers.

I tried to look for something inside. Something unfeathery but there is none. I poured the feathers on the table and look for something but there isn't something different. I scanned the feathers and saw something.

A red feather.

Atleast it is a different color. I turned it around and around. I scanned my house looking for clues and that's when I noticed something different inside my house.

There are red feathers everywhere. But who? Who can enter my house? Isn't it secured? How can my safe haven be unsafe?

I noticed a shadow standing behind me.

Then all the butterflies migrated into my stomach.