Chapter 3: Protective Brother

On top is a picture of Francisco Lachowski as Ryder Wilson. Enjoy :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryder's P.O.V

          She pulled me to her, and pressed her lips against mine. For a moment, I was paralyzed in shock, but I quickly recovered. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer. My lips pressed harder onto hers and my tongue slowly slipped out, licking her bottom lip for entrance. She cautiously opened her mouth and our tongues fought for dominance. All of a sudden, I was pulled away from the warmth of Lauren's body. Pain immediately shot through my jaw. I felt my jaw as I looked up to see the bastard who punched me. It was Liam.

          "WHAT THE HELL MAN. THAT WAS MY FUCKING SISTER YOU JUST KISSED!" Liam yelled in my face. I had never seen him this mad before, but he should be. I can't believe I just kissed Lauren, my best friend's sister. I can't believe I broke our promise. But, it just felt so good to have her lips on mine.

          "I'm sorry Liam, but I don't regret it at all," I explained. Liam's eyes darkened even more in fury. He gritted his teeth and his hands started to shake in anger.

          "HOW COULD YOU! I CAN'T BELIEVE I EVEN TRUSTED YOU! YOU JUST BROKE OUR PROMISE!" Liam shouted, as he repeatedly punched me again and again. I didn't do anything though. I just let him take his anger out on me. Better me than Lauren.

          "LIAM, STOP IT! IT WASN'T RYDER'S FAULT! TORI DARED ME TO DO IT!" Lauren screamed, "IT WAS A DARE, ONLY A DARE. IT MEANT NOTHING TO ME." Liam immediately stopped punching me after hearing what she had said. Her words hit me at lightening speed and pain shot through me. 'It meant nothing to her? But it meant everything to me.'

Lauren's P.O.V

          "LIAM, STOP IT! IT WASN'T RYDER'S FAULT! TORI DARED ME TO DO IT!" I screamed, "IT WAS A DARE-ONLY A DARE. IT MEANT NOTHING TO ME." I glanced over at Ryder, but as soon as I saw his eyes, that were filled with sorrow, guilt washed all over me. He looked as if someone carved out his heart and stomped on it over and over again. But, that sorrow was quickly replaced. On his face now, was an emotionless expression. I couldn't tell what he was thinking about.

          "She's right. It meant nothing. It was just a kiss. It was just a dare that she had to do,"Ryder said, his tone clipped. For some reason his words stung. A lot. Why did his words hurt me so much. It was just a kiss. I didn't have any feelings for him. Right? Ryder turned towards me. It felt as if his eyes were boring into my soul. I dropped my gaze onto the floor, not daring to look into his eyes.

          "Really?" Liam questioned. He was surprised by Ryder's answer, but satisfied enough.

          "Yeah. I would never like Lauren. She's not even close to my type," Ryder replied, giving a slight chuckle, not even thinking that I was still there. Well, that really hurt me.

          "Umm, I have to leave now. I guess I'll just see you later, Liam." He gave one last glance at me before walking out of the cafeteria like nothing had happened. I don't know why, but I suddenly felt like I should go find Ryder and explain everything to him. When I said that the kiss meant nothing to me, it was the biggest lie I have ever told. When we kissed, it felt like the whole world stopped and it was just him and me. His lips moved in sync with mine and it sent chills down my spine. It was my first kiss, and I didn't regret it knowing that it was Ryder Wilson who stole it.

          "Are you okay, Laur?" A familiar voice asked, behind me. I knew it was Tori.

          "Tori, I think I just made the biggest mistake of my life," I spoke, my voice hoarse. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I explained to her how I felt a spark when I kissed Ryder.

          "It felt amazing, Tori! I can't really explain how amazing it felt," I kept going on and on like a little kid naming good ice-cream flavors. Then suddenly, it felt like as if a car ran straight into me. I felt numb and broken.

          "Oh my god, Tori! He probably hates me now. I told him that the kiss meant nothing to me. What am I going to do?" I rambled on frantically.

          "Calm down, Lauren. Knowing Ryder, he would never ever hate you. Just go find him and explain everything to him," Tori told me calmly.

          "You're right. I just need to explain it to him. Thank you, Tori. You're a life saver," I cried out, wrapping my arms around her, literally squeezing the life out of her.

           "I know I'm great and all, but you better find Ryder before lunch ends," Tori choked out, trying to break free of my tight hold on her. I let go of her and speedily ran out the cafeteria to find him.

          I searched every hallway and corridor, but I just couldn't seem to find him. Out of nowhere, I heard voices to my left. I walked around the corner and to see who was there. Right there, in front of me, was Ryder shoving his tongue down Ashley Evan's throat. Tears started to prick my eyes. I let a choked cry from the back of my throat. Ryder stopped what he was doing and whipped his head in my way. His eyes widened in shock and pulled away from Ashley.

          "What's the matter, Ryder," Ashley's high pitched voice said. Ryder simply ignored her and just kept on staring at me. Ryder turned to Ashley and then looked me again, but his eyes filling with regret. Ashley turned her head towards me, clearly angry at me for interrupting their lovely make out session. I was positive that my face was stained with tears, and probably still had tears rolling down my face. I probably also looked like total mess by now. But I didn't care at all. Ryder was about to open his mouth to say something, but I quickly cut him off.

          "Sorry for interrupting. Just pretend like you guys didn't see me," I said, my voice sounded awful because of the amount of crying. I never took my eyes off Ryder. I tried to convince myself that this wasn't really happening, but with the evidence right in front of me, I just couldn't lie to myself. I spun around quickly, running away from the scene. I secretly hoped that Ryder would come after me and tell me that it was a total misunderstanding, but he never did.