Tango of Midnight Storms

There's a water droplet and a tiny flame who may never meet; seeing each other in every storm, confiding about the power they have but not having the will to cause harm. Symphonies play, ushering the fire to dance in sync with the droplet; never to touch but eyes meeting with every fluid motion. The two lovers begin in a timid two-step, afraid to step on each others' toes and be left completely alone. But with each crack of the Earth's whip, they grow in intensity. Every flash of electricity surges into them as they spiral into a heated tango, fighting against the laws from Mother Nature herself. The wind conducts an ensemble of branches, spindly fingers play a soft melody in tune with the impassioned symphonic rush of the heavens.

The droplet begins to tempt Fate, reaching out for the petite blaze, slightly whipping their tender hand near their partner's check, tracing the smoky air around the lips comforting their thoughts. Each element moves in time with the roars around, never letting the other break away, never letting the other too close. The pair steps and spins and dips together-bodies in perfect harmony. After all the time, after all the storms, lost lovers learn the moves to an entrancing dance choreographed for this moment. Fate screams they must break apart, but they've learned sometimes Fate is wrong. As the winds begin to cease, and the trees fall back to sleep, the flame knows they're losing time. This tango can't last forever, and they'd be damned if they have to continue without the only thing they had.

As their moves come to an all time high, and adrenaline rushes past all sense, the flame crashes into the other dancer, kissing them in a burning passion that marks the end. The droplet holds as tight as they can, but their partner dissipates before them. They're left alone to fight along with the harsh storm, waiting to see their love again. The flame's last goodbye was all they ever truly wanted, ever truly needed. So, as the world begins to calm, so doesn't the little rain drop. Falling into a slumber, their flame on the other side.