page 86

i said, as we walked dowm the stairs, Allen was already on the bottom and David fell into step beside me.  " absolutely."  this time, the triumphant glint in their  eyes as they grinned sheepishly back at me, left no more further doubts on my mind regarding the matter.

but it did, make me feel a slight bit better to know that at least, there were two people, Er..vamps, who doesn't make me feel what a big flux i turned out today.

we had just reached the landing on the fifth floor,  when  strong wave of hunger, such as i've never experienced before, swept over me.    it felt like a wild, living beast. struggling to claw out of my stomach.  my knees crumpled under me at the pain. my throat burned.  as if i just swallowed fireball.

" Ange, what's wrong?" both David and Allen asked worriedly, falling on their knees beside me, trying to hoist me up.

" Blood. must feed...i need blood." it was then that i realized that the extreme hunger and thirst were coming from Mark, not me.  but his pain was so strong, that it had no trouble clinging on my mind, like vines.  creeping to twist its way up until his thoughts had become so intertwined with mine, that i felt what he felt with the same intensity.