Twelve.

It had been almost a week since the Lucas situation. After the party I stormed home, running into Riley's arms. I had never been more humiliated in my life. I had been stood up and the best part was that he forgot about the whole thing. He was too busy screwing around with random girls and getting drunk off his ass. Whatever. I was so done with everything. Lucas Friar could rot in hell for all I cared.

"The video is still trending on the college Insta" Riley stated.

I looked up from my bowl of cereal and saw her intently staring down at her phone.

"Are you kidding? Can people get over it already it's been like a week" I groaned.

"Maya you slapped Lucas Friar, you had to expect everyone to hear about it"

"Oh well, he got what he deserved" Missy piped up from her spot on the couch.

"Damn straight!" I agreed, pointing my spoon in the air.

"Maya. Time!" Riley exclaimed.

"Shit I gotta go! Gonna be late for work!"

I grabbed my bag off the table and shoved my shoes on as I ran out the door.

I got to the coffee shop with seconds to spare.

"Told you she was coming" Darby laughed as I walked in the door.

"Just in time as per usual" Dave stated flatly.

"Oh Dave, you know you secretly love me" I joked, flashing him a smile.

"Well then it's so secret I didn't even know about it" He chuckled, winking at me.

I always enjoyed working at The Bean. Everyone was nice and funny and always put up with my bullshit.

"Maya you're on drink duty" Darby told me, pointing at the work chart.

"Kay!"

I assumed the position at the drink station and made countless lattes and cappuccinos for about an hour until it was my turn to man the register.

"Black coffee. Please." a familiar voice piped up from across the counter.

I looked up and my eyes locked with a pair of bright green ones. Lucas.

"Hi" He said, smiling softly.

"Lucas." I stated flatly.

"Maya I am so sorry"

"So am I. Sorry I ever met you" I replied in the bitchiest tone I could.

I placed the cup of coffee on the table and slid it towards him.

"Can we please talk?" He pleaded, his eyes becoming darker.

"No. That's a dollar fifty"

"Maya please!"

"Have a shitty day!" I stated, giving him my fakest smile.

"Keep the change" He sighed as he placed a five dollar bill in front of me.

"Asshole" I whispered to myself as he walked away.

***
hii! oops its been so long since ive updated and i literally always say im gonna be more frequent w updates and i never am so im vv sorry for that! but i will try to update as much as i can bc i have a lot of ideas for this story and i really like how it's going so far so pls bare with me!!!! hope you're enjoying it so far!!!
xxx kate