He's Alive - 1/17/2017

He was tired.

Locked away with the ability to move with ease taken away, his body became physically weak. The lack of proper nourishment meant his chakra stores were depleted. Only time would return himself to the way he once was, and yet time was against him due to his age.

Then he found out everyone thought he was dead.

The knowledge simply drained Rasa even more, and yet he couldn't return to his old life. Things would simply be difficult, particularly when his youngest would likely kill him on site. There was no telling what kind of trouble occurred in Suna while he was gone. Baki patted him on the shoulder, making the fourth Kazekage note the difference in personality. "I'll take you to see the fifth."

"Actually, I would like to see my children first."

"I'm not sure..."

"... that it is a good idea?" Rasa looked away. "I'm aware there may be a negative reaction."

"I think we should head to the Kazekage's office first, rather than your family home."

"No. I need to see my children, particularly Gaara." The previous Kazekage remained stubborn, hobbling on the crutches provided for him. He arrived at the household, and Baki opened the door for him, his lips pushed together. The man's eyes widened upon seeing a strange creature come out of the living area. The creature was mostly green and looked somewhat like a human. There was a plant like an element to the creature, with a red flower on the top of its head. The center of the flower looked like a crown.

Temari came out after the creature, carrying with her another crass like creature. The creature was best described as cute, with three leaves sticking out of its head. Rasa shook his head just as his daughter turned to look at him. "You shouldn't be here. I mean..."

"They didn't tell you?"

"Oh, they told us. I thought you would be under Lady Tsunade's care for a bit more time."

"Do your brother's know?"

His daughter took a deep breath. "Well..."

"Where are they?"

"Kankuro is in his studio."

"And..."

Temari looked past her father at Baki. "He doesn't know?"

Rasa took a deep breath, not catching the fact his daughter's words were a question. "Never mind. I'll see Kankuro first then."

Navigating on the crutches was no easy task, and soon he found himself knocking on the door to his son's studio. Kankuro called out, telling him to come in, so Rasa took this as him being welcome. Baki opened the door, the look on his eyes saying otherwise. He found Kankuro working away at his desk, the teen not looking up to see him. Next to him were three acorns like creatures. In the shadows, he saw two others, varying slightly. A couple more of the acorns ran across the floor, making Rasa jump.

"What are these things?"

Kankuro started, before looking up. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm your father."

"I didn't invite you in here."

"You did."

The teen took a deep breath. "Look, I said to come in because I didn't expect it to be you. I thought it might be Gaara. He comes in here sometimes."

"He..."

"I'd appreciate it if you would leave."

"About..."

"What those things are, are none of your business."

Rasa sighed, before leaving, his mouth pushing together. Baki closed the door behind him. "Where's Gaara? His room or the roof?"

"Actually, you're likely to find him in the Kazekage's office."

The auburn-haired man sighed. "So he was asked to wait there for me."

They headed towards the office, Rasa hobbling along as he went. They arrived outside of the door, and he heard Gaara speaking from inside.

"Rasa is a good fox, is Rasa not?"

Rasa's eyes blinked, his mouth opening in confusion. He turned towards Baki, only to see a twinkle of mirth in the man's eye. "I don't find this amusing."

"Yes, sir." Baki opened the door up, and what Rasa saw surprised him. Gaara sat behind the desk in the robes of Kazekage, lifting up a strange fox-like creature. Baki spoke up, clearing his throat. "Lord Gaara?"

Gaara's eyes widened, before he stood up, holding the fox like creature in his arms before heading over to Rasa. The man watched the teen smile at him – for Gaara was indeed a teen now. The smile was like the smile the auburn-haired child gave him when he was little, but so was the look in his eyes. "Father."

Rasa took a deep breath. "Gaara." His eyes looked at the strange creature. "What is that?"

His finger pointed at the fox creature, which his son looked down at. "This? Her name is Rasa."

Rasa's eyes blinked a couple of times. "I think we should talk. Do you mind?"

"Not at all."

The man took a deep breath, wondering what occurred while he was gone. He found himself sitting across from Gaara, his tiredness growing even more. "So..."

"I'm glad to see you."

"I'm aware of that." Rasa watched his youngest carefully. "In fact, it seems you're far more pleased with seeing me than your siblings."

Gaara's mouth twisted into a frown. "Oh..."

"I'm also guessing when your sister said "he didn't know", she meant me not knowing you're Kazekage, and not you being aware that I'm alive."

"I am glad."

"You named a creature after me."

"She reminded me of you."

The comment wasn't flattering in the fact this was something one expected of a five-year-old child naming their pets, and yet coming from Gaara, the comment seemed quite appropriate. Gaara carefully petted the top of the foxes head, being far more gentle than Rasa ever remembered. "No. He was a very gentle child once. He simply didn't understand his own strength."

"I missed you."

Rasa took a deep breath. "After everything, I did to you? Why?"

"You're my father."

That, however, did not explain things. "And?"

Gaara frowned, looking away. "I know I've never done anything to make you proud. I know you hate me as well. I can't help the fact you are someone precious to me, though. Like Temari and Kankuro are."

"And what does that mean?" The auburn-haired man wasn't sure where this would go.

"To have something precious means you have something to protect. Like Suna. That too is precious." Gaara's comment made the corner of Rasa's mouth twitch. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No..." The previous Kazekage took a deep breath. "It's simply a matter of you not acting like yourself, and yet this isn't a bad change."