Chapter 2

I rushed into my house, and find everything is freshly cleaned. The walls are decorated with pictures of mom, dad, and me posing in white T-shirts with a black background. My mother has facial feature that closley resembled mine. She has pronounced cheekbones like me and delicate lips. We both shared the fact our tans could be any time of the year. My mother was also was blonde,tall, and slim like me, resembling what someone might call a model. My dad on the other hand had a pudgy face, pasty skin, and owned jet black hair, and was short and chubby. What someone might call a computer science geek. Which is exactly what he was.

The furniture was modernly styled. The couch and chairs were white and rimmed with brown wood. The house overlooked orange county in such a way there was still privacy in the back yard.

"Honey, are you home so soon?" My mom asked. "Yeah, mom I guess I am." Not caring to note that I sped on the way here. "Would you like a snack before dinner, sweetie?" "No, thank you. Where's dad, though?" I made my way through the dining room. After laying my bag down, I then made my way to the kitchen. Mom was working on diner. She had pots and pans scattered through out the kitchen. If she had to clean everything by herself it would take all night. We had a maid that helped my mother out with cleaning, on a occasion, but otherwise my mother liked to do everything on her own.

"Your father is his den working on designs for work right now." "Of course." I replied. My mom looked at me quizzically. "Something wrong, sweetie?" I rested my head in my hands on the counter beside my mother. "Nothing just alot on my mind right now." "Well, talking helps. I'm here when you need me." "Thanks." Bless my mom. She would assure me that she had an open hand, but she was never pushy. I'm thankful for that everyday.

I crossed the wooden floored hallway, towards my father's den. The den was enclosed by glass doors. Inside the den was decorated with all sorts of different electronic components. As I walked through the door I got a wiff of carbon, probably from him welding pieces together. "Hey dad." I call at him. "Hey sweetie, please come in." He removed his bifocals. "What do you need?"

"Is it possible to change my software?"

"You mean alter your way of thinking? Sweetie-" "Not drastically, just slightly. To the point where I'd have new abilities."

"Such as?" "I'd want the ability to handle myself in a fight." "Why?" "You know, its sort of like a dad, giving her daughter some pepper spray only your plugging wire into my head."

"Honey, its too dangerous. You would be changing your persona. Besides your mom would kill me." He carefully put his bifocals back on and turned back around in his swivel chair. I felt like I'd had a slap to the face. I thought he would had helped me. He doesn't realize how important this is. I'll just have to figure it out on my own. Like I always do.

I made my way up the stairs to my bedroom. The room had a new look to it. It was organized. Even all my art supplies were neatly stack in the corner of my room. My guess was that my mother had discovered the mess and made it her mission to readjust it. I laughed to myself. We had a mutual relationship in that way, I supplied the mess and she cleaned it for her satifaction.

Sitting on my bed I decided to call Julia. Grabbing my hamburger phone, I dialed her number. "Wassup peeps?" She must have seen my caller I.D. Everyone has caller I.D these days. I imagined the movie The Caller. If only she had had caller I.D. maybe she would have realized the guy was in the house.

"I think we should go to the book store. Immediatly. I need some fresh air." I urged. "There are way too many I's in that sentence, bro." "Come on, you need books too." "Ah, what the heck." The next thing I hear is a dial tone. Taking a second, I lie back on my bed looking up at the ceiling. When have Julia and I ever not talked about things like this? There were so many things on my mind I wanted to tell her.