Chapter 3

The guards took me to a room and said they needed to get the train ready. Two minutes later a new guard came to me and shoved Prim and my mother in the room. "3 minutes." He said.

"Katell! You should've just let me go. I can't do this without you!" Prim said hugging me and crying. "Yes you can. You listen to mother. She will help I can promise you that." I said turning to mother. "Now you listen up. You can't abandon her, not this time. This is when Prim needs you most, if father isn't here to help her, you are so you better help her. She's counting on you. Gale will help." I said looking at mother once again. "Katell...win for me. You promise me to win for me. For all of us, for District 12." Prim said hugging me.

The guard came back in, it was time to go. "Katell! Katell!!" Prim yelled getting pushed by the guards. "I love you little duck." I said as there was no sight of her and mother.

Next it was Gale and I could tell by his face that it won't be 3 minutes this time. "Please take care of my family, take care of Prim, of mother...god they both need it." I said worrying. "Alright Katell...good luck out there. I know you'll do goo" Gale said as the guard came and took him away.

5 minutes later two guards took me out to the train that would take me to The Capitol. I sat in a room with SO much food, coffee, a chocolate fountain, and treats. I took a plate and filled it up with food. Finally, some actual food. I wish I could give some to mother and Prim, but unfortunately I can't.

Our mentor, Haymitch Abernathy came in all drunk and stupid. This is a mentor? I really don't think so. "So Haymitch...any advice?" Perseus said. Wow I never noticed he was here...

"Stay alive." He said. Wow what nice advice. "Now if you excise me I will be getting back to my private room with my alcohol and enjoy that." Haymitch said walking out.

"I'm gonna see if I can get him to help us." Perseus said. "It's no use. He's too drunk to even stop." I said as he walked out the door following him. I decided to stay, this is way too much in one day.

A little while later I woke up to the sound of crashing bottles. I must've fell asleep...

I went out the door to see Haymitch's alcohol bottles on the group broken. "So is this all you do in your free time? Drink? Aren't you supposed to help us?" I said. "Look, I may be your mentor but sweetie I'm here for the refreshments. Free alcohol? Yeah that's all I need." Haymitch said.

"Then give us some useful advice." I said glaring at him. He ignored what I said and started buttering his bread. I saw a knife near me so I threw it and it landed right near him at the table. "That's mahogany!" Yelled Bessie.

That was the only way I could do to really get Haymitch's attention. "This isn't going off to a very good start. If you really want advice you need to get sponsors. And this is not going to help you, now look at Perseus. He's waving to all the people out there. Be more like him, would you?" Haymitch said.

I looked at Perseus and looked out the window. I just stared out there, why would so many people wanna be happy about everyone except 1 person dying?

Now I just need to find out how to make sponsors.