Chapter 1

"If you like it than you should've put a ring on it!" My bPhone screamed.

I jumped out of bed. I answered the incoming call from Annie Blow, my bff.

" I bet you just woke up!" Anne yelled.

" Then you must be psychic!" I replied.

"Wanna go to the mall? I have to meet my cousins. They came back from Texas."Anne asked.

"Sure. Meet me at the quad." I replied as I hung up.

The quad was a special place to Anne and I. Its a pretty long story, but I'll tell it.

When I first moved to Orlando, my parents were so busy they couldn't even show up for work. We moved into a neighborhood that was calm and  peaceful. My mother enrolled me into a singing camp. Most of the students were snobbish girls except one. Annie Blow. Anne was the best singer ever. Anne first thought I was Mexican or Latino (My skin tone and hair color) but I revealed that I was from California. One day, Anne decided to take me to the Upper Campus, where adults trained. When we were walking, we came across an intersection and Anne stopped to grab fresh tomatoes. We sat on a wooden bench enjoying the quad. We started meeting there every single day and eventually it became out hangout.

I grabbed a sweater and tights and ate a quick breakfast. I ran up to the quad. Anne was sitting on the bench. Her hair as red as apples.

"Come on,Mia!" Anne practically screamed.

" Ok!" I replied as I hopped into her car.

After 20 minutes of teen-talk and horrible singing, we arrived at the mall. Maggie,Carson, and Blake were waiting at The Coffee Bean.

"Anne, I'm gonna walk around the mall and get us food and buy some candles for my mom." I said as I got out of the car.

"Ok. Meet us at The Bamboo Cafe. We can eat there so you can just browse and get candles.Don't get food and no orange scented candles or I'm gonna have a breakout in the mall."Anne replied. Anne was allergic to orange stuff.

I walked in the direction of Sophie's. Sophie was at the cash register. She didn't look happy.

"Hey Sophie. What's up?" I said.

" Girl, do you not see a black buisiness manager panicking?" Sophie snapped.

"Yowza. What's going on?" I asked.

"Some lunatic tripled the mall's bill payment. We are in debt. The mall needs all the money it can get, hon. That means that Sophie's might close.If we can't help the mall, we're labeled "goners"." Sophie replied.

" Here's 50." I said as I handed Sophie $50.

" Thanks, Mia." Sophie literally hugged the money.

"No prob. What can I do?" I asked hopefully.

"Go to the mall office. That's something you should ask Mr.Fulton." Sophie replied.

I ran out the mall and walked to the north door. Mr.Fulton's door was wide open and he was a red tomato. Violet (Ms.Popular) was trying to calm him down.

"What do you need?" Mr.Fulton snapped. Why is everybody snapping today?

" Do you need anything?"I asked not staring at Violet.

Mr.Fulton fainted.

"Can you help us find the person who has been messing with our money?" Violet pleaded.

"What's in it for us?" I asked, smirking.

"Us?" Violet asked.

"Anne and I. What's in it for us?" I asked.

" Umm... A spot in the popular crowd. Also....umm... $200 dollars in cash."Violet gulped.

"Deal." I replied, acting daring.

" First activity is watching. Wanna camp in the mall?" Violet asked as she tugged my hand and ran out the office.