Chapter 11

Your POV.:

I groggily opened my eyes, waking up to the sound of a child crying. I looked around only to see that Shion wasn't in his bed anymore. I stood up still tired trying to become fully awake. I picked up my jacket from off the floor only to stop mid-way of putting it on when I heard someone running down the stairs and tripping over a few books. I stared wide eyed at who had come down the stairs. Shion.

"Shion..." I looked at his now white hair in disbelief as he mumbled mirror as he was frantically trying to find one. When he did he stared in complete shock at his reflection touching his face.

"Shine what happened to your hair?" I asked him walking closer to him and when I got close enough I held a few strand of his now white locks. I looked into the mirror only to see Shion staring at me. I stared at his now red eyes. I took his chin and made him face towards me. "What the hell happened to you?" I mumbled asking more myself than Shion.

"I-I...I don't know..." he said turning back to the mirror. 

I looked Shion up and down trying to find any other changes, but the only one I could find was a strange mark on his neck. I was about to tell Shion about it, but he already seemed like he noticed.

"Wha..." Shion touched his neck where the mark was and then he wobbled back a little and started to take off his clothes.

I freaked out and asked him what the hell he was doing, but he just ignored me and started taking of the bandages that Rat had wrapped around his body the other day. When he did take them off there were still a few bandages rapped around his lower half, but I still blushed at the sight and looked away in embarrassment.

"Do you enjoy seeing yourself naked?" came an all too familiar voice from the left of me. I looked towards Rat who was leaning on the door frame.

Shion turned his head towards Rat asking, "Rat...What is this?"

"It happened just as your fever broke, but the change is only skin deep. Something like a varicose  vein. You got off lucky." Rat replied.

"Lucky? Have you seen this happen before?" I asked Rat in a whisper mumble which he didn't seem to hear, but he did hear what Shion had said.

"Lucky? How is this lucky?" He said.

"Oh come on Shion," I said crouching down next to him with now only a slight blush on my cheeks. I smiled at him as he looked down in sorrow, "look on the bright side! You got beautiful hair and eyes, and you survived!" Shion looked up at me in confusion.

"Survived?" Shion asked.

"What, do you regret surviving?" Rat asked him crouching down at his other side.

"Regret...surviving?" Shion directed the question more to himself than anyone else currently in the room. He shook his head soon afterwards answering Rat's and his won question. 

"I just...I just want to live!" Shion wailed out tears streaming dow his face. I looked at him in sympathy. Out of the three of us Shion seemed to be the weakest when in suppressing his emotions.

Shion ripped away his tears only sobbing quietly now, "Oh...I mean-"

Rat cut him off, "Too late to try and hide it now. Idiot."

"Look at you crying so defenselessly." Rat teased Shion.

"Don't make fun of him! He is still recovering," I told Rat glaring at him in a slightly playful way as I hugged Shion from behind. The blush on Shion's cheeks going unnoticed by me, but not a certain dark haired male.

"If the hair really bothers you, I'll dye it later." Rat told Shion as he held some of his locks into his hand, "But I think it looks nice, and besides...having a red snake coiled around your body is kinda alluring."