Chapter 1: The Missing Set Of Keys

Running under the rain is really not that bad. But not having the sun to warm you up could be sad.

I reach my front door and open my bag to fish out my keys. The rain's dripping from my hair.

Stupid keys! Where are you? I remember grabbing you before I leave!

How smart! I choose to forget my keys on a wonderful rainy day! I gently lift up my bag and shake it a bit. Hoping to hear the familiar soft jingles. To my disappointment I hear nothing but the pouring rain.

"Argh!!!" I slap my forehead giving up. Than I reach into the deeper compartment to get my phone.

I try calling Archer, but no luck it goes straight to voicemail after a few rings. So instead I text Archer informing him that I will be 'visiting' Kenny's.

I quickly shove my phone into the deepest compartment and start my journey to Kenny's.

I jog across the street and head towards the short cut. It's actually an alley between two shops. A little dark but it would be faster that way.

I check the alley making sure no drunk idiots are there drinking, and jog quickly through. Holding my head low so none of the rain water would drip into my eyes.

Speaking of drunk idiots, it reminds me about the father we left while leaving Darlington. Who knows that the father I used to love could be so evil to his family sometimes.

Since our grandparents on both side pasted away, and mom is the only child not much people knows about this. Dad has a brother who sometimes helps us and he knows what happened.

He's not that bad or mean, but he has a family to look after too.

After dad's business went bankrupt he use alcohol as his pain relief. To be honest a drunk father could be hard to deal with.

We moved to Keswick when I was only six, but I can remember everything. Archer was already fifteen. In order to support the family mom decided to open a small restaurant. She named it after grandma.

Everything was going smoothly until two years ago on one quiet night we recived a bad news. Mom got into a car accident. We didn't reach the hospital in time, we only managed to see her pale, lifeless body.

Since Archer was twenty-three, he became my guardian. We were also squish between whether to tell dad about it.

In the end yes, we chose to tell him. But ever time we called he won't answer. Whether is it on purpose or not we gave up on the third day trying to reach him.

To be honest, all these years I've come to think that now is he the father I used to loved and looked up to? Or the drunk, violent idiot like the last time we are still staying under the same roof.

I've finally reach Kenny's, I could see Archer waiting outside for me.

"Machaela!" He calls, "Why are you wet?"

I roll my eyes in respond "Because it is raining and I can't find my keys."

"You should have called me and asked me to 'deliver' the keys to the house."

"Yeah right! Do you think the person in charge of Kenny's could just leave his work and rush home for something not important? You didn't even answer the phone!"

"Or at least ask Noel to give you the keys."

"No way! I don't want to take his keys and it's not like we are close to each other!"

Archer just shrug and throws me his set of keys and ask me to open the door for him when he gets home.

What a nice brother!

I'm washing my clothes when I heard the front door unlock. Thinking that it was Noel (we rent one of the room to him) I continue washing without turning to take a look.

There was a soft 'thud' and the door was closed. And I heard very faint footsteps. Not concentrating on it I continue to operate the washing machine.

Suddenly a hand quickly snake to my waist, making me jump and my hand to fly up to my mouth preventing me from screaming. If it wasn't for the hand holding me down I would have jump up until I reach the ceiling.

I quickly turn around and see the one person I really didn't want to see now.

"Benjamin?!"

I hope you guys like it! Do you? ≧◇≦ Please vote or comment or whatever…

Thanks for reading! I will update when I'm done with the next chapter. And I might be faster if I know someone's waiting for it. :D

~Joey (JueYui)