Chapter 3: The Lies

Chapter 3: The Lies

I walk into the school as usual, but the atmosphere seems different. It's more… more quiet.They seem to be talking about something they don't want me to hear.

"How can she do that to him?" I heard someone say.

"I can't believe she's so mean! "

"But how did he find out?"

"Whose the boy she cheated on him with?" At this point I get really confuse.

I cheated on who? Ben? No way he was the one who cheated on me. Did he even tell the truth? Or he lied?

I walk to my locker silently, until I see Tasha push her way to me.

"Did you hear what they said?" She ask very angry.

"No, why?"

"Ben lied! I can't believe he will do that!"

"Lied about what?" I ask really confuse. What can he lie about? Unless it's about Sunday… What?!

"He turned the story around! He said you cheated on him instead!" she say almost screaming.

"What?!" I look at her brown eyes. It doesn't look like she was lying.

"You didn't know that?" she whisper, looking at me suspiciously.

"I just reach the school," I frown. I reach my locker and insert my combination.

Okay! Now he just made my life harder by telling a big fat lie. How am I going to survive this time? Tell Archer? No way!

For the rest of the day there was always whispering where ever I go. Some even purposely bump my shoulder when I pass. But the worst would be Rebecca, she now sticks with Ben wherever he goes.

I bumped into her in the bathroom and she was smirking at me. Obviously proud that she could tear me and Ben apart just by a kiss.

Honestly, it's not the first time I caught him kissing another girl. So why let my heart shatter another time?

Going home wasn't too bad. At least it's not raining heavily. I walk slowly in the drizzling rain. The thing is I enjoy it, at least it's better than having to deal with heart breaking problems.

I walk really slowly kicking a few pebbles and feeling the cold droplets drip all over me. I think about what happened in school today. Ben lying, people giving me dirty looks, people purposely bumped my shoulder as I passed, Ben just made everything worst.

I've been swallowing of anger after I realised that showing my anger won't be useful. I think that I only pulls me to the center of attention and make a fool of myself. The funny thing is I hide all my emotional too, controlling what emotion I show.

I keep my head low all the time, I didn't realise that I've step into the alley. I kick the pebble a little too hard and hit the bottle the drunk man has finish.

He look up immediately and glare at me. Thats when I realised I'm in trouble. I quickly spin on my heels when he stood up. But suddenly I was push from the back. I try to keep my balance but I step on another bottle with my right leg.

I could hear a soft crack when my leg twist inwards, and I fell on the floor.

"Stupid, now what?" I mumble to myself. This man got up so fast! Is he still sober? He looks more like close to drunk but not yet, maybe tipsy. He tower over me as I sat on the ground massaging my ankle.