May and Feb

It was January, the snow was falling and everyone had scarves wrapped around them and warm coats to keep them safe from the frosty weather. Then there was May, who was just starting college today, and was nervously picking out what outfit she should wear. She took forever and still couldn't pick the right outfit. Giving up she finally sat down on her bed and listened to music, making sure everything was ready for her first day of school. 

An hour later, she finally slipped on a warm pair of uggs, paired with plain old jeans and a black undershirt with a black oversized sweater. Her hair was perfect and she smiled at herself in the mirror before sighing and walking out of her room, saying a quick goodbye to her brother and mom, who sat in the kitchen eating a healthy breakfast, which May decided to skip. She was finally ready to face the day, she took a deep breath and walked out the front door.

It was finally lunch break and May rushed to the cafe, she found a seat and sat down to relax as she looked at the snow falling on the other side of the huge, clear glass windows. She could hear people talking and laughing in the cafe, but she quickly got out her earphones and relaxed in her own little bubble, drowning out any noises from around her. She sat up quickly as she realized she had dozed off, and that she had to get back to school soon. She jumped out of her seat and out the cafe door, rushing in the direction of the school. 

"HEY YOU." Someone shouted.

She snapped her head back to see a boy about her age rushing towards her, "You forgot this." He showed her textbooks as he stopped to catch his breath.

"Thanks." She said quickly before putting her books quickly back in her bag, "I was in a hurry to get back to school, I must have forgotten. Thanks again." 

"It's fine." He said with a laugh. May stopped and stared at him for a few seconds before quickly realizing what she was doing. "What?"

"You're laugh, it's nice." She said with a slight smile.

"Thanks, I guess." 

"Oh. I'm May." She quickly said with a much better smile.

"I'm Feb. Nice to meet you May." He greeted back with a grin.

"Nice to meet you too. But, if you could excuse me, I have to get to school." She quickly apologized.

"No that's fine, go on. I just hope we get to meet again, I'd miss your face." He laughed before turning the opposite direction and walking off, leaving May a little dumbfounded.

 The next day soon came, and May was sitting in the cafe, in her little bubble of music, when a familiar person sat at the same table across from her, "Hi again May." Feb greeted with a grin.

 May quickly removed her earphones and gave a quick smile, "Hi Feb."

"So how's your day?" He asked abruptly.

"Oh um, it's good. How about yours?" 

"Much better now that I got to see you." He smirked.

"That's um. Nice to hear." She said forcing a smile.

"So do you come here often?" 

"Yeah, during lunch break from school. It's close enough and it's nice so, yeah."

"You like it?"

"I guess. It's a nice place to just sit and relax, for me at least."

"That's nice to hear. Maybe I should start working here everyday so I can see your gorgeous face everyday." He grinned.

May sat there, a little bit astonished by his choice of words, but kept a smile on her face pretending everything was fine. "So um, how old are you Feb?" She asked hoping to change the subject.