Chapter One

I walked around the shop, putting records in the right spot before returning to my 'office.' I was at my shop, Scarlett's Records, and I was alone in the building. It didn't really upset me, I just kept on doing my job as 'Nine in the Afternoon' [by Panic! At the Disco] came on over the speakers in my small recording room. I did a radio show every once in a while, but on other occasions, it was a little windowed room in a corner and was used to hang out in.

I shuffled through the ancient discs, and became aware of what I had left before going to my window room. On top of the stack I carried in my arms, was Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [by the Beatles]. I smiled at the sight of it, since my mum would usually listen to it with me as a child. She was a huge fan of the group, and was quite upset when they separated. My mum would always talk about how she met some at the market in town, since they originated from Liverpool. I enjoyed it in Liverpool, it was a lovely place. I smiled, and went on with my work.

As I made my way to the front of the store to the Beatles section, I saw the handsome man I'd seen most of my life. I never spoke to him, or anything of that sort. Typically, you'd consider these kind of people stalkers, but this man was different. I smiled and gave a small wave as he returned the same. It was getting dark outside and I was sure he was freezing. I thought about the coldness and I invited him in for tea. I knew it wasn't a smart idea, what if he was a murderer?

"Hello, um, sir, would you like some tea? It's awfully cold out and such." I asked warmly.

He stared at me for a second and smiled, "Delighted to!"

I sat my stack of records down on some shelves, and guided him to the windowed room. I knew this was a horrible idea, but I had to. He appeared in my life enough and I wanted to know why. I walked inside a door within the windowed room. I had a kitchen right off the room, instead of one in the back. I truly didn't have a back of the store, just the windowed room, kitchen, bathroom, main room, and a ton of closets not counting the second floor. I put some water on the stove for tea and returned to the room. The man was standing there, and straightening his bow tie. I thought it a bit odd for someone to wear one without any special occasion, but maybe there was one for him.

"Thank you for inviting me in, Sca-lovely." The man stated, about to say my name. "You are Scarlett, right? I'm the Doctor." He held his hand out as I just kept my gaze at him.

"Yes, I'm Scarlett. Mind me, Doctor who?" Curiosity does kill the mind.

"Simply the Doctor, just the Doctor." He smiled widely as a bit of his hair lost hold. The Doctor moved it back up to the same point.

"Ah, yes. Well, Doctor, you're welcome." I smiled.

"Don't mind if I wander in your shop, eh?"

I shook my head 'no,' and just sat down in my roller chair in front of my computer. It was an Apple, and I truly loved it. I pushed my black hair behind my ear, and pulled my cardigan closer together before walking out to join the Doctor. I took a moment to enjoy watching him, he was quite a handsome man. I smiled as I watched him go though the vinyls, he seemed to know all of them.

"So, Doctor, what kind of Doctor are you? I'm sorry if I sound rude, please forgive me." I smiled.

He chuckled at the question. "Well, I'm a Time Lord. I come from Gallifrey, you wouldn't know what planet that is. I was actually the one who destroyed everyone there but myself..." He trailed off.

"I'm sorry about that, sir." I spoke with sympathy, completely confused by his words. "D'you mind giving me a short explanation? Only for the fact I don't know what all the things you speak of are. Sorry to be rude, or harsh...anything."

"Yes, Scarlett. In other words, I'm a Time Lord, I travel through time in my TARDIS, I'm over 1,000 years old, I regenerate which causes me that large age, and I'm in need of a companion." He smiled, having a thought in mind.

I stood and stared at him. "You mean to tell me you're a time traveller? Woah..."

He nodded in reply. "You should check the water, it's soon to boil over. If you don't believe me, I can do it myself."

"C'mon then, let's see if you're right." I didn't believe how he came here, watched me throughout my life, and now speaks to me... It's all because of the weather, Damn cold weather.

The Doctor lead the way to the kitchen. I smiled to myself as I thought of him. His cheekbones were noticeable and olive eyes that have seen it all. I hurried up to his side. I felt odd around him, but it was a good feeling. He noticed me beside him and looked at me.

"You seem comfortable that I'm an alien." He spoke while opening the door to the window room.

"Well, yes. I'm not going to send you out of my shop because you're different."

"I'll let you go into the kitchen first." He smiled, giving pulling me around from behind him.

I walked in just in time to see the water about to bubble over the kettle, and managed to fix it. I poured it into a china tea pot just to seem formal, and pulled two tea cups from the same cabinet. I got my loose tea out and my infuser. I had an infuser that looked like a goldfish, like it was swimming in the pot. The Doctor seen it before I was about to put tea in and grabbed it.

"That's cool, it's fish!" He exclaimed, amused. I just laughed, and waited for him to give it back.

"I hope you enjoy black tea, I'm out of other types. Do you like your tea strong?" I asked, spooning out the tea inside the fish.

"It's fine. Fix it like you like, I'll drink it either way." He was still smiling at me.

I fixed the tea as directed, and waited for it to steep. I sat my container of sugar cubes on the counter and let him put them in.

"You can go in there, I'm sure you'd prefer it." I mumbled, taking my tea cup with me as the Doctor followed.

"You make quite a lovely cup of tea, you know?" He stated, taking a sip.