| 2 |

| 2 | Hotel More Like Motel

          Mayne looked around at her new surroundings, her room was boring with cream colored walls and no furniture whatsoever. Giving a slight groan and few mumbled cuss words, she dropped her duffle and went down the stairs. The house had an upstairs, a middle floor, and a basement. Upstairs had a guest room, a master bedroom, and 2 other medium sized rooms. She had claimed one of the medium sized rooms which left her parents the master bedroom.

On the middle floor there was a living room, dining room, and a kitchen. The basement was a hangout kind of place that was pretty much empty. Mayne walked down the stairs and confronted her parents, who at the moment, were whispering in what was supposed to be the living room. Making sure her entrance was known, stomping her feet down the stairs she said,
"Are we sleeping on the floor here? Because I didn't pack for anything like that."

Her parents shared a look and kept silent for a moment. Finally her dad replied,
"No, we're going to stay at an hotel and then come back in the morning to move stuff into the house."

"Cool. Don't I have school though?"

"Yes, so we'll drop you off on the way home."

Mayne looked down at her feet. Hearing her dad already call this place home was like a wake up call. She's never see her old friends again. She held back the water works that was beginning to start in her eyes. Her parents ignored her and made their way to what was going to be the kitchen. To get past the tears, she looked out the window and noticed how all the neighbors seemed to be looking through their blinds at them.

Feeling uncomfortable having all their eyes on her, she moves away from the window and looked at her parents once more.

"What's with the neighbors? They're all super creepy."

Her parents rolled their eyes and grabbed the keys to the car. Motioning with a hand that she should follow, they moved out the door and to the car. As they drove away, she noticed one of the neighbors had stepped out of their house and was standing in the middle of the road. He has his phone up to his ear and spoke quickly.

Mayne shivered and and turned away from the neighbor. Looking back once more she noticed how cold his gaze as he stared the car down. She shivered once more and wrapped her arms around herself. "Of course he's creepy, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a murderer or something." She muttered to herself.

Slightly irritated at herself she waited for the car to reach the hotel. What she saw brought her hopes down a bit. It wasn't a hotel, it was more like a motel. Run down and in the darkest side of the town. A scowl appeared on her face as her parents parked in front of the place.

"Are you serious, right now?"

Her eyes bright with embarrassment and a little hurt. Her parents shared a look once more.

"It's either here or you can sleep in the car."

Her dad had a no nonsense look on his face when he said it. Her mother was silent, picking at her nails. A nervous habit of hers.

"No dad! Are you crazy?! Sleep out here?! I'll probably get kidnapped or something!"

He glared at her and motioned to her mother to get out of the car. She smiled pitifully at Mayne and got out out of the car. They both walked to the checkout door and left her in the car. Mayne growled and sat back in her seat steaming. She wasn't going to let them have their way.

When her parents came back out and saw she was still in the car, her dad walked over and opened the door, "Here are the keys," He throws them in, "watch out for creeps." After saying that, he closes the door and walks with her mother to the room they had bought.

Locking the doors and putting the keys in the key slot, she semi starts the car so that she can use the radio and heat. Smiling slightly she moves to the passenger seat and uses the button to lower the seat. Closing her eyes, she drifts off into a calm sleep.

After a few hours she hears something. Waking up, she groggily wipes her eyes. Sitting up she looks out her window only to come face to face with a masked face. Screaming she leans away from the window and moves toward the drivers seat. The person on the other side of the window stares back saying nothing. After a few minutes of staring at her, they air draw something and back away. Too scared to even breathe she watches as they walk down the street and disappear around a corner. The whole rest of the night she doesn't sleep.

Hello darlings! ❤️

It's been awhile since I've updated! I apologize, I've been working on this chapter here and there but haven't really gotten anywhere. Finally I got some inspiration and finished it up. I hope you enjoyed it! Get ready for the next chapter!