| 3 |

Mayne was still shaken. She couldn't forget the person in the mask. He wasn't normal and by normal I mean not your normal creeper. Instead of trying to break into the car he made a symbol and kept walking. Her parents walked out of their room and checked on her. She hadn't moved an inch from the drivers seat. Her eyes were bloodshot and wide open.

Mayne's parents noticed this but said nothing. They went back through the check out door once more and turned in heir keys. Coming back to the car, her dad goes to open the drivers door and struggles. Mayne stared at the passenger door seeing nothing. It was almost like she was traumatized. Her dad began yelling outside for her to unlock the door.

"Unlock this damn door! This isn't funny Mayne!"

Her mother looks at her from the passenger side and then speaks to her father,
"Honey I think she's not hearing you. Maybe if you knock slightly?"

Her father glared at her mother and then knocks lightly. Startled, Mayne looked around the car and shivering. Pressing the unlock button she moves back to her seat in the back.

"With all your crazy behavior lately, I wouldn't be surprised if you ran into trouble!"

Her dad was steaming. Her mom on the other hand, hadn't said a word. Refusing to acknowledge what was going on around her. As her father gets in the car and starts it she notices the masked person again. But this time they watch from afar. Looking at her parents and then glancing back to where she saw the person she noticed that they were gone.

As they went back to the house she started to cool down a bit. Biting her lip she let out a long sigh. This was probably the worst night she'd ever had. Some stranger scared her, she couldn't sleep, and now she's scared to fall asleep again.

As her parents pull back into the neighborhood they'll be living in, she notices how all the neighbors seem more lively. In one yard a teen boy is mowing the yard, in another an old lady sits in s rocking chair on the porch. She sips at her cup of lemonade and pats the little chihuahua. In the next yard a teen couple sits in a hammock snuggling and kissing.

Looking out the windows, Mayne shivers slightly. "Isn't it creepy how the neighbors are suddenly normal?"

Her parents look out the window before shrugging slightly. Her dad pulls the car into their driveway and turns it off.
"You'd better hurry and get dressed or you'll be late for school tomorrow."

She nods slightly and gets out of the car. Looking around warily at the happy neighbors. They smiled and waved at her. She stood frozen while her parents waved back. When the old lady who was in the rocking chair came towards them with a pie, she'd already disappeared into the house.

She climbed the stairs two at a time and went in her room. Grabbing the duffel bag that was on the floor, she went through it and grabbed some clothes. Heading to the bathroom in the hallway, she changed quickly. Mayne threw her clothes in her room and came back down. Her parents were in the kitchen smiling and talking to the old lady.

"Honey come here and meet Miss Aguilera."

Mayne stared warily at her mother, how could she just let a stranger into their house? Her mothers happy face turned from happy to disapproving in a minute.

"Mayne come and meet Miss Aguilera please."

Mayne sighed and gave Miss Aguilera a tense smile. Miss Aguilera smiled sunnily back at her. Then she turned back to her parents, "I hope you enjoy the pie! I made it by hand."

Her parents nodded and smiled graciously. They left to show Miss Aguilera the door. Mayne relaxed slightly and went back up the stairs to get her backpack. When she came back down her parents were not happy. As they left again to drop her off at school, the car was deafeningly silent.