•1• Notice me, senpai! >~<

Dear Ruby/Jett,

Dear Ruby/Jett,

It's peculiar to walk past the one in which you crush on: the hope; the initial fear; the disappointment when they don't speak;  the self-loathing when you realise you could've said 'hi' too and didn't need them to make the first move.
Well, that's if you're shy and overthink everything- like me, perhaps.

I solemnly swear, the next time I walk past him, I shall say something. I mean, It's just so difficult. He's always on his way to check if his friends are in their homeroom with the tasteful melodies of some band (such as Rage Against The Machine) blaring into his pierced ears.

Somehow, I always jump when I spot him. For example, I was walking through a glass door and I couldn't see that he was on the other side (due to light) and suddenly the door was thrown open. I could hear the faint screams of Ungrateful by Escape the Fate and smell his minty cologne. It made me jump and, well, scream. He had apologised, while smirking at me, and held open the door. 

"Opal!" My twin sister, Topaz, yells at me.

"What?" I yell back. She's annoyingly motherly.

"We're gonna be late if you don't get yo' butt up now." She reminds me.

"GET THE HELL UP!" My oldest sibling, my brother, Onyx, shouts. "YOU'RE GONNA MAKE JASPER LATE."

You see, when your twenty-one year old brother is given custody of three children when your parents die, he has to try extra hard. He must go to every parents' day, get us to school early, bake cakes for the cake sales and attend things that most parents do not. Otherwise, well, the state will take us in.

Our Family (atm)
Onyx Mori (twenty-one years old)
Topaz Mori (seventeen years old)
Opal Mori (me) (sixteen years old)
Jasper Mori (fourteen years old)
Doggo (Sometimes 'big Pupper') Mori (he's a Doggo)

Financially, we're fine. Our parents were rich and Onyx is quite high up in a Japanese gaming company - he speaks nine languages (two of which aren't code).

Oh, and you're probably thinking that the fact that I'm sixteen and my twin sister's seventeen is some sort of... plot-hole. It's not - she's two weeks older than me.

"OPAL-FRICKEN-MORI! IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW I SWEAR-"

"I'M COMING, ONYX!" I scream.

"TMI, Opal." Jasper laughs.

"You're like fourteen, go and do your dot-to-dot, or something." I say as I walk into the kitchen.

"Most of my classes are more advanced than yours." He smiles sweetly at me.

"I know more kanji than you AND I'm way better at maths." I flip him off as my slightly-older-twin walks in.