TWENTY THREE

"Here," Taehyung gave Jeong Guk the book of menu and the both of them stared at it for a good five minutes.

"I'll buy a cup of iced cappucino," the younger spoke as he pulled out his wallet, ready to take his money when a hand halted his action.

Taehyung shook his head slightly, "It's on me."

"Jinjja? Gomawo Hyung." The younger gave him the sweetest smile that he could give that made Taehyung grinned widely.

"Anything for my Jeong Gukie~" he cooed, earning a whine as well as a light slap on the arm.

He laughed before ordering a cup of iced cappucino for his dongsaeng and a cup of iced lemon tea for himself.

"Kamsahamnida," he smiled and bow slightly at the worker after he paid and went to sit across Jeong Guk who was looking outside the glass window.

"Thanks, Hyung, I owe you one," Jungkook chuckled as the older gave his coffee.

"Don't mention it, kid."

"Hyuuuung," he whined once again, making Taehyung laugh loudly.

"Alright, alright. Sorry," he smiled sheepishly at the younger who rolled his eyes at him before he smiled anyway.

They were talking with each other happily, enjoying each others company, and would laugh occasionaly.

But the younger sensed something from the older, he's kinda odd that time.

He was sure as hell that something's wrong but couldn't seems to put a finger to it.

"Hyung," Jeong Guk called him after a while of comfortable silence.

"Hmm?" The latter hummed in response, taking a sip on his drink and looking at the younger with questioning look.

"What is it?"

Fiddling with his own two thumbs, Jeong Guk shifted on his seat before he asked him finally.

"Are you okay?"

Taehyung blinked. He was quite taken aback by the question, he really didn't expect it.

"What一why?" He scolded himself mentally for stuttering, making his current situation even more obvious to the younger.

"I don't know, it's just . . Something's off with you. It's quite odd, ya know," Jeong Guk shrugged, looking down at his lap.

Taehyung's lips were forming a thin straight line, his expression turned blank and he curled his palm onto a loose fist absent-mindedly on the table.

Should I talk about it to him?

Taehyung debated with his inner self and gave up eventually.

"Gukie . ." he sighed.

"Ne, Hyung."

"Are you okay?"

• • •

". . What now?"

No one dared to answer him as they all stayed quiet, looking at the only girl in the room, laying silently.

Namjoon sighed, not knowing what to do anymore. "We need to go home, now."

"Okay," they mumbled and nodded absent-mindedly, saying goodbyes to both Yoongi and the sleeping Mint before walking outside the room one by one.

"I'll text Tae," Hoseok said quietly. He took out his phone and opened his kakao talk, searching for a specific contact named Im So Preetae.