CHAPTER 6: The Twin Nobles

THE DELICIOUS AROMA dances through the suite, a fragrant symphony orchestrated by Jade, my ever-attentive personal servant. She knows my desires without a word spoken, intuitively crafting a breakfast that will delight my senses. "Fifteen minutes," she assures me, her voice a gentle reminder of the luxury of time well-spent.

I nod, acknowledging her, and step onto the balcony. The crisp morning air embraces me as I immerse myself in the rules of Magnus University, displayed neatly on my tablet. Two days of settling in have flown by, and with classes commencing in three, I must familiarize myself with these regulations swiftly.

I scoffed at the thought. Who am I kidding? I'm just distracting myself to not dive myself into thinking and reminiscing the results of yesterday. My hands turned to a fist. I failed. I can't believe I failed.

As I breathe in the slight serenity of the moment, my phone chimes from the side table, a digital nudge pulling me back to reality.

From: Dove Sabon

07: 34 Morning, C! I just found out that my brother is not there yet.

07: 34 I have macarons from you, fresh from Paris. He'll bring it to you. K? Something to lighten up your mood.

07:35 He is leaving here now.

Thank you. 07: 35
*seen

I smiled without it reaching my eyes. Macarons do lift up my moods when I'm down, I just hope it do its magic on me when I get a bite. I'll finally see Dustin. I'll invite him later for dinner, if he's available, so we could hang out. It's nice to be with someone you know from childhood. Before putting the phone down, I left a message to Papa.

To: King Dad

07:37 Hi Pa! Kamusta ka dyan? Having breakfast in a while. Call ka pag free ka.
Love you!
*Delivered

"Kamahalan, dito ka na po ba kakain?" Jade's voice chimed from the doorway, her presence a comforting shadow.

"Ahh, sige, dito na lang ako kakain. Salamat!" I replied, my stomach already anticipating the meal.

As I wait for the food, my eyes lingered towards my bedside table where I placed the anonymous letter I received last night. Hinawi ko kasi ang bintana to let the natural light enter the bedrom when I woke up a while ago. My eyes narrowed. It is still a wonder kung sino ang nagpadala ng sulat. There are many possible people who could've sent the letter and I don't even have the slightest idea to who will have the reason to send a letter instead of using a phone. My thought lingers on the idea that there's more to it that meets the eye, but I couldn't jump down into conclusions just yet.

Could it be a threat? Threats are a normal thing for me. Many people doesn't like me and send threats to scare me off, but I learned to ignore them and focus on my responsibilities than dwell on people's opinion of me. The thing is my intuition tells me that this is different. I let out a deep sigh and shook my head slightly. Overthinking will lead me nowhere and I am sure that I'm just doing it to distract myself.

After a few more minutes, Jade emerged with a tray, placing it gently on the side table. The aroma of freshly cooked rice, crispy hashbrown, and a perfectly runny sunny side up filled the room. It was my favorite breakfast combo, a symphony of flavors that always felt like home. To top it off, she brought two slices of ripe mango and a glass of water, completing the morning ritual.

"Thank you!" I beamed at her, my smile wide with appreciation. "Sumalo ka na sa akin," I invited warmly.

"Ay! Hindi na po, mahal na prinsesa. Inaantay din po ako ng bodyguard niyo sa baba. Sabay daw po kami kain."