Chapter 4: Thalia

"Are you ready?" Saphra called from inside the family den.

"Yes" I said confedently, looking up at the sky as the sun set and the stars began to appear.

"Good" Saphra said. I watched my sister appear from the shadows of the den. I smiled, she looked very pretty tonight. I was proud.

I walked down with my father, Leviathan and Saphra. All the wolves of our pack bowed to us, we gave them a grateful nod. Our pack followed behind us, but not all of them, some stayed behind, incase we get attacked.

The moon was so beautiful, it's silver light made my own fur appear silver. The thoughts of that grey wolf from the western saw-whet pack, still remained in my head, will I see him tonight? Will I ever get to talk to him, to ask him why he was 'spying' on me? Will I ever know his name? I shook my head and took a deep a breath.

We led the pack to Silver Rock, the sacerd meeting place that has existed for thousands of years, then, after all of the packs have arrived we howl, share stories and achange news. This is the one time in four months that the packs unite together as one, in peace.

The rock towered over us, I looked to the top, only the leaders are allowed to stand there, to over look the packs. The eastern saw-whet pack leader stood there, they must have been the first here.

My father made his way to the top and greeted the eastern saw-whet pack leader with a respectful nod.

" Leviathan" acnowlaged the eastern saw-whet pack leader.

"Arrgo" said my father in return.

I watched them exchange news and small talk, but mostly they just watched the other wolves.

"Southern saw-whets are here" whispered Thorn, making me jump.

"Thorn, you scared me" I said angerly.

"Just look" said Thorn pointing his snout in the direction of the southern saw-whet pack.

"Yes I see that their here, good for you Thorn, big whoop", I said rolling my eyes and walking away.