Chapter 8

Elysium was hanging in the balance, teetering on the verge of extinction.

Hadge stared out into the reticent darkness, as he held the book tighter, praying for a miracle. However he sadly realized that every time he made that leap of faith for this book, something, or someone has stood in his way, as if it were meant for him to fail. He was emotionally shattered by Churls uninvited conception of betrayal, and the world around him turned bleak.

Uncannily the sinister darkness seemed bound and unbroken, eerily reaping its rigid heavy hands on time. Hadge had a sense something was not right, but he couldn't put his finger on it. It was as if the very world froze around him, all kempt anomalously in mid-action, even as the gorgon goo bubbled up on the threshold of popping, yet never did.

Suddenly the dark buckled, giving way to an otherworldly halo of light. The vaporous illumination was much like a soft misty rain, sated with the aura of a ghostly white radiance. It was the same presence from the cave. Its indefinite gel like form resembling frosted glass, as the bright light emanated from somewhere deep inside the being. The unimaginable radiance of this creature was inspiring, as its sweet air of serenity could calm even the most savage of beasts. And Hadge found himself speechless.

The presence ethereally whispered unspoken words, "Hadgeeeeee." As it's outward appearance benevolently attuned to the form of a woman, which flowed in iridescent gossamer fabric, much like spun silk. She entreated Hadge to listen, "Trusssssst meeeeeeee."

Hadge gazed in utter captivation, because he did trust this being with all his heart. The beings whispered words played in his head like a melody, "Ask thy book to read for you, and it shall."

Exactly as the pages fell open, and the blue fire leapt from inside. Hadge did precisely as the being foretold, "Book can you read for me?"

Thrillingly the air filled with a choir of voices, all emanating from the book. One voice in particular stood out, saying, "I told you, all you had to do is ask." And he suddenly recognized the strange ghostly voices he'd been hearing all along. Then another clamored, "He asked us to read the book." At once hundreds of combined voices recited, "The Edge of Darkness born out of evil, concieved through sins of the Prince of the worlds, Prince of Darkness, foresaken all unbelievers to a fate worse than death. Satans mighty hand will rise from the lake of fire and brimstone, casting a shadow upon the world, so that darkness will unfold, bleeding athwart the land like a plague, corrupting all that shall live or ever live, and deliver them thus into chains of darkness, tormenting day after day, awaiting the day of judgement.Yahvehs angry voice roarth from the Heavens, as a shudder beset all the worlds. How dareth a chosen smite his favor, his thunderous voice uttered, let this be thy end, good will conquer evil, and the mystery of Yahveh will be finished, all shall standeth in my greatness, and the Devils book will be a testament unto your faith. As I cast the bearers of this book therein to seven days of darkness, a chance to repent thy sins, thus forth after seven years you will be given another chance, and another, until the darkness hath devoureth thine world, and all hope hath fled, but even in the darkest hour I shall always send thou hope.Our glorious Yahveh and Savior created a light, perfect in every way, picked from the Heavens above, beset with the purity of goodness, molded into the shape of a man, and Yahveh said, "He thenceforth will be named Hadge." Bestowed Yahvehs divine favor, calling upon his Angel of hope, saying "You are the vessel to smite all evils, protector of innocence, devoureth of darkness, the divine protector Hadge." As the mighty Angel was sent forth from the Heavens, upon his shining face was the sun, beheldth in his eyes liveth all the Heavens, beseting one foot on the land, another on the sea, seeking the Devils works therein the vast Heavens, upon which ever worlds he hath hidden them away. The divine protector taketh thine book in fiery hands, and the power thus to use the Edge of Darkness against its creator, casting the Prince of Darkness back to his rightful place, the pits of Hell."