Chapter 10

The besmirching sounds of horror railed amid the winds, harking one and all, an invariable token that the Devil will not give up so painlessly. Elysium was not beyond his horrific reach. Denoted within the means of his maniacal laughter, ratifying irrationally in the due course of the resonating current.

Uwee howled, "Sounds like Hell is not done with us yet."

Hadge was quite accepting of this ill-fated challenge, and made it abundantly clear, "One way or another, it ends today." His understanding was that this is why Yahveh had created him, as a cushion against all the worlds' evils. Now is the time for Elysium to be liberated from the Devils deadly embrace.

The Angel's dulcet tones sieved inside Hadge's mind, enlightening him to the fact, "Your journey from here is yours alone. Only Hadge can walk through the shadowy boundaries of dark and light." Images of world after world skipped through his mind, no matter which world, or whom he may have met on his travels; in the end he was alone.

Then her heavenly iridescent hand fondly stroked his cheek, magically extracting the golden thread from out of his pocket, and into thin air. Her words barely above a whisper, "But I will bestow you this." The thread uncannily shifted in her palm, weaving into a golden fabric, and said, "Ember from Heaven."

All at once the remains of his charred clothing was gone, replaced by an extraordinary form fitting fabric that changed like a chameleon. Hadge automatically knew the cloth was sewn from the three fates, the moirai, whose properties were intangible, but no less real. The actual thought of fate wickedly played in his teeming brain, surmising, "The book is no longer useful to me." Having misgivings, "How can I walk into Hell with this awesome divine power I know nothing about?"

Then Ruby flittered onto his nose once more, in that teeny tiny voice of hers, saying, "Be careful Hadge." Any and all misgivings he may have had seemed to have all melted away in her child-like face, reminding him that the adversity he fights against is for all those innocents that cannot save themselves. He gave her a weak smile, and whispered a reply, "You know I will." She giggled and fluttered away, finding his words just as hard to believe as he did.

Brashly Uwee established, "I'm going with you."

Hadge fleetingly glanced towards the Angel's solemn expression, countering the offer, "No." He affirmed, "Not this time." The Angel softly whispered, "You made the right decision." However Uwee screeched, "You can't just leave me here!"

Hadge ignored the grubb, as he shoved his belongings into his pocket. A pocket so astounding that when he reached inside it was large enough to store his entire room from under Grendlocke Cemetery, as he anxiously withdrew his hand fearing he may never find the belongings ever again. Then he firmly patted the outside for any feel of the objects within, nonetheless discovered even the bulk of the book nary left a trace.

Uwee grabbed his arm, testily barking, "Will you listen to me?"

Hadge snapped back, "There's nothing to listen to. You're not going." Then looked the grubb straight in his ghostly eyes, and breathed, "That's that." And walked away. Uwee threw up his frigid arms arguing, "That's it then?" There was only silence in return.

Hadge walked in the direction where the scar of a reaver factory pot marked the ground, as a deep dark chasm was left in the middle of Bedlam, and the humanly debris around the sight was a testament onto its destructive force. Brick from buildings, cars, trees, and asphalt had all settled in the wary hole, as a reminder that evil has a price.

Despite it all there were some scars that could never heal, deeper than a mortal wound, which echoed from the shadows of your soul, and buried deep enough that you'd hope to never see it again. Those buried scars terrifyingly plagued Hadges mind, as the horrendous images of Hell burned over and over. The suffocating smells of flesh burning of the damned, overwhelming sorrow, and the ungodly screams. He knew he'd been there before.