Chapter 1

Daily updates!!!!They're amazing!!!! And they're gonna happen until I get really lazy or on weekends bc on weekends I die and go into hibernation!!!! YAY!

My name is Gilbert Josepher d'Lelievre. I was born and raised in Paris, France, the city of love. I'm all French on my mother's side, but half Spanish on my father's. His family moved to the French country side when his father was in his late teens. Originally, he hated it, the language, the love, the everything. He just wanted to go back to his mother, who was still in Spain. You see, his mother and father got divorced, and his father left Spain for friends in France. Then, amid his longing and sadness, he met a beautiful woman named Joan. She stole his heart and he hers. They were inseparable, and before long the marries, and had 2 beautiful children, Francis and Antonio. Antonio and Francis grew up fast and eventually decided their paths in life. Antonio decided he'd stay in the country side, and continue with his family's winery and vineyard. Francis on the other hand, decided he would explore France and all its beauty. He was closer to his French mother than his half Spanish father, while Antonio was the complete opposite. Francis' adventures led him to Paris, France. Everyone seemed happy as if nothing bad ever happened to the beautiful people of this beautiful place. He decided he'd never leave this beautiful city, and so he found a home and a job. Everything was great for him, until he saw the most beautiful person he'd ever seen in this beautiful place. She had short hair made of fine gold, her eyes made of the most mysterious emerald. Her cheeks were dusted in love and rose petals. She was beautiful. It turns out she felt the same about him. With his deep blue eyes, and the dark honey waves that cascade off his head. It was love at first sight, and it was true. Soon afterwards they married, and kept her French name, d'Lelievre, because she wished to stay true to her family and honour their name. Soon after their marriage, the wife died an untimely death while giving birth to their first and only son. The child was born in the middle of the night, but upon his first cries, the lights shined brighter than ever. They named him "Gilbert", meaning bright pledge, though that certainly isn't what I am...