prologue.

"baby..." His whispers sounded like they were in my head.

"s-stay away!" I looked around, nothing but the sound of water surrounded me. As I ran away from our memories, my feet sunk into the muddy ground causing me to slow.

"you know I would never hurt you... just other people." his words replayed in my mind. over and over.

I approached the cabin as quiet as I could. my phone... It was lying on the bathroom counter, before I tried to leave.

My hand shook as I turned the knob and stepped in, making sure to leave the door open.

He was still unconscious, or at least I hope. His black hair was messed up from the previous events. Our bed contained my clothes spilled and rummaged through, but his perfectly untouched.

I crept over to the bathroom and snatched my phone from the counter. No service again. Looking back at his body, his black skinny jeans, red flannel and combat boots, I knelt beside him.

Gently placing my hand on his head, a tear escaped my eye. "im sorry." with that I got up and headed to the door.

"please..." His voice behind me croaked. "i love you more than life itself."

For once his eyes were green. looking at the trashed cabin, I shook my head.

Once his eyes turned black again, I fled.