Well, Excuse Me, Princess

As the sun sets toward the horizon, the marble walls of Abunro Palace reflect the orange light, revealing intricate patterns usually hidden by normal daylight. The first Sheik of Abunro commissioned these special walls as a proof of his economic wealth, and his people's tendency toward successes in their trades.

Upon one of the beautiful balconies of the grandiose palace sat Princess Ashara of Abunro, Sheik Kumon Alamin's only daughter. Occasionally glancing to the palace courtyard below, the princess fidgets upon her giant cushion, unable to sit calmly. After all, she is waiting for someone who will ask for a lot of gold if he did show up. She and Yura has given their word, and if the man hold up his end of bargain, Ashara has decided to hold up her end - no matter what Yura or her father says. And when she does so, nobody will, or can, stop her.

Fidgeting once again, dreading as well as anticipating the man's arrival, Ashara onec again glances to the courtyard below. Just as she is going to take her eyes off the court after seeing it empty, sounds of footsteps - more than two pairs - resounds through the courtyard, and from her vantage point the princess sees the man she is waiting for - a grey-turbaned man with red hair. The man is accompanied by two guards, one of whom then walks toward the inner palace as the other waits in the courtyard together with the man.

Taking a deep breath and steeling her resolve, Ashara stands up from her cushion and stadily walks toward the stairs. This is the moment of truth - if the man, Omiro Jaller, bring her shawl back in pristine condition, she would have to drain her father treasury to pay him for the beetle's carapace. Of course, it's not a big deal for the Sheik - his wealth is measured in hundred millions of gold khirs - but it's still a significant amount to be 'given' to one person.

Downstairs, Ashara fasten her steps, and as she approaches, the man as well as the guard accompanying him notices her presence. The guard quickly salutes her, and she politely dismisses him. The guard slowly steps back, giving Ashara and Jaller room to talk.

"...I thought you wouldn't come. The appointed day is almost at the end." Ashara comments, taking the first chance to control the flow of the conversation by speaking first.

"Who wouldn't come for gold?" The man, Omiro Jaller, nonchalantly answers. "I have other profitable business to tend here anyway. Efficiency, see?"

Ashara is just about to ask what business does Jaller meant when the other guard - the one who walks into the inner palace - reappears, bringing a pouch with him. The guard gives the pouch to Jaller, who shakes it, causing the jinging of coins to be heard. He then quickly unties the pouch, and scoops up a handful of gold coins. Five hundred gold khirs.

"...profitable business, I see. You are the one who brought the supplies to Fort Arma?" Ashara inquires Jaller as the guard excuses himself.

"Huh. Never thought a princess would care about things like delivery to the frontier areas. You continue to surprise me." Jaller replies with a grin as he focuses on counting the amount of khirs in the pouch. Ashara notes how remarkably quick he counts, as Jaller ties the pouch back in one minute, now a satisfied smile beaming on his face.

"thank you for the compliment. Now that the other business has concluded... Time for the main business, I presume." Ashara takes back the flow of the conversation. Jaller put the coin pouch into the depths of his robe before looking directly at the lady in front of him. "Sure. Gimme the amount I'll get."

"The shawl first, please. Show me it's undamaged nor unblemished in any way."

"...you're mistaken. I don't ask for the money. I ask for the number."

"...and why would you ask for the number first?" Ashara, feeling some hesitation from Jaller's answer, decided to prod the issue further.

"So I can prepare myself mentally, that is." Jaller firmly replies. Yet Ashara can feel some kind of hesitation in his voice.