1

I'm not conscious. I hear beeping sounds, and chaos all around me but I can't open my eyes, or make a sound. Bustling feet stop in front of me and I hear a voice.

"Is she okay?" Mom.

I don't know who she's talking to and I don't know what they're saying. I hear more footsteps, coming closer.

"Hey baby girl, it's Mom." She sounds so broken, and I feel her grasp my hand. Why can't I move? "I know you're tired but I need you to wake up." I'm trying. "Your friends are here, they need you too, especially Dylan." Oh god, Dylan. He needs me more than anybody right now. "I don't really know what else to say, or if you can even hear me, but I love you so, so much." I feel something wet, drip onto the hand she's holding onto so tightly, presumably a tear or two, before she lets go. Come back. I hear soft, sulking footsteps walk away as quickened and excited ones come towards me.

"Reese." Dylan. "Reese, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." He takes my small hand in his large ones, and holds on tighter than he ever has. "I shouldn't have let you go. I'm sorry I was angry at you, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm sorry you have to deal with my problems. I'm sorry that I did this to you." His words get quieter the longer he talks. What he's saying doesn't make sense. How did I get here, what happened? "I didn't mean anything that I said, I'm so sorry. There's no excuse, I need to control myself. I'm so sorry." He's barely choking out the words anymore and I can tell he's crying. That's when it all came back.

"Reese, god damnit!" Dylan yelled, banging his fists on his kitchen table. I stood by the sink, arms crossed.

"Dylan please, calm down. Go have a cigarette, you need to calm down." I said lightly, not moving from the sink.

"Don't you see what's been happening to us? Why don't you just find someone else, someone with less problems?" He raked his hands through his black hair before slamming them down on the table again. "Why?"

"Because I want to be with you," I said, and moved away from the sink and towards him, gently placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Don't fucking touch me!" He yelled, turning around and smacking my arm away from him. "I don't want you here." He said, looking me dead in the eyes.

"Dylan, please. Let's just smoke a cigarette and calm down." I only smoke when I'm with him. "Come on, it'll be okay." I reach out to touch his face, and bring it closer to mine but instead he snapped.

"I said get the fuck out!" He screamed again. He means it this time.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I grabbed my phone and keys off the counter, and made my way to his front door. I turned around, and looked him in the eyes, "I love you," I said, hurt. He didn't say it back. I turned on my heels and walked out. I got to my car and slammed the door closed. Tears streamed down my face, ruining my makeup I had put on less than an hour before, preparing for what was supposed to be date night. I banged my fists on the steering wheel out of frustration, and only sobs could be heard in the car.

I thought to myself, "I shouldn't be driving, I should call Macy." But I didn't. I ignored my subconscious as I pulled out of his driveway and down the street towards down town. That's when it happened. I pulled out into the intersection on a yellow light and a full size truck plowed my small car over from the side.

I felt Dylan's tears on my hand and I just wanted to reach up and hold his face in my hands, comforting him. He just lost his mom.

"I just lost mom, I can't lose you too," he says, holding on even tighter to my hand.

"Dylan." Macy.

"Yeah," he says, barely loud enough for her to hear. "I love you," he whispers in my ear as he gets up and walks away. I love you too.

"Reese it's Macy." I know. "I love you so much." She holds onto my hand just like my mom and Dylan did. "I need you to wake up honey, I need you. We need you.  I don't know if you could tell but Dylan's a mess. He looks like shit, not that he normally doesn't anyway." She giggles slightly at her last comment, and I would too if I could do anything. "They're already talking and making up rumors at school. I told them to shut the fuck up. I love you Ree. Please wake up." She kisses my hand, and sits there for a moment before letting go and walking out of the room.

I hear someone talking. "You guys can come back tomorrow during visitor hours." And my door closes, leaving me wondering, what the fuck is going on?

----------
Author's Note

This is kind of short, but it's just the beginning. Chapters will get longer as time goes on and the plot thickens. Hope you guys enjoyed and keep on reading!