"Reese," Dylan sighed. "I wish you knew how much I miss seeing you." He grabs my hand, but something's on them. Bandages? He's punching walls again... "I'm skipping school right now." He strokes the back of my hand. "You aren't missing much," he chuckles. I miss his laugh. "Macy's trying to come see you but her mom is- well -her mom. Psycho as usual, never letting her go any where. She asked me to say 'hi' so you wouldn't think she forgot about you." He chuckles again.

He sits without saying a word for a while. It's nice to have some comfortable silence. "Come on baby, wake up. Please, wake up." His voice starts cracking and I can feel him shaking with sobs. Don't cry, please don't cry. "I'm sorry I broke my promise, I'm so sorry." He breaks down sitting next to me. Come on Dylan, don't cry. Not when I can't cry with you. I wish I could cry, or scream, or something. He takes in a deep, shaky breath, and sniffs. "I'm sorry," he says lightly, no longer sobbing. "You gotta wake up, I can't go to Jake Wilson's party by myself." He laughs. A genuine laugh. It sounds so light, so heart felt.

Every summer, Jake throws this huge party when his parents go on their business trip. It just so happens that he lives right down the road from Macy and Dylan. Coincidence, right? I remember the first time I saw Dylan after our make out session the first night we met. It was the night after we first met, actually. It just so happened it was at one of Jake's parties over the summer.

I parked in front of Macy's house, and waited for her to come out so we could walk down the road to Jake's house.

"Hurry up!" I yelled, loud enough that she could hear me.

"I'm coming!" She yelled as she stepped out the door, locking it behind her. I rolled my eyes. "Let's go," she said, shoving me towards Jake's house.

"Alright, alright no need to shove," I said sarcastically.

"Are you ready for the last party before schools starts?" She asked excitedly. We could hear the music coming from his house and it was only 8:30.

"Yeah of course. I'm always up for a party." It's true. I loved to just go out for a night and get wasted then have Macy help me hobble my way back to her place. I couldn't help it. Well, I probably could have, but I'd rather not.

We walked the few houses down and were met by the usual scene. People dancing out in the yard, and surprisingly people were already passed out. Jake stood outside by his door still greeting people, and he would until around 9.

"Hey, Reese, hey Macy," he waved politely as we walked up.

"Hey, thanks for the invite!" I said. Normally I did get invited to any party that was thrown but I stayed humble.

"It's not a party without you!" He said, jokingly. It wasn't a complete joke. I can drink any guy under the table.

"Let's go dance," Macy whined, and pulled my arm dragging me to the enter of the room.

"Alright!" I followed her willingly and found myself surrounded by people. So I danced.

After about three hours of dancing and taking water breaks every now and then, a lot of the people were either passed out or had already left. There were only about 20 or 30 people sticking around, and surprisingly I hadn't had a single drink. I was standing by the bar with Macy, waiting for the real fun to begin. At the end of every party there would be a drinking game, or competition, and I'm the reigning champion.

"Hey Reese!" Jake called, waving. "We're gonna start downstairs, grab some bottles!" He laughed before heading downstairs. If you didn't know him you'd think he was drunk or high all the time. But the one rule of this game is you couldn't drink at all until the game started, so it was a giveaway that he hadn't been drinking.