Is This What You Want?

(Quez POV)
The Next Day...

"Who did this?" Tre asked as he paced back and forth. My teeth remained clenched, my fists balled so tight that my knuckles nearly ripped through my skin.

I thought of the possible suspects. Jodye's guys. But what would drive them to such an extent? To kill an innocent woman. Why didn't they just kill me for Christ sake? Grams ain't never did nothing to nobody.

"I have nothing to live for." I mumbled as I dropped my head.

"You have yourself to live for Quez. Don't ever forget that. Not to sound harsh but the cancer was gone take her anyway. We all have to die one day. So don't let this stop you from the grind."

I punched the wall as hard as I could until a hole formed and my knuckles turned a pinkish red. I knew she wouldn't live forever. But it didn't change the fact that her life was stolen from her.

"Calm down." He uttered as he touched my shoulder. I shrugged him off.

"Calm down? My grandma dead b. I ain't ever gone be the same." I cried. She was all I had.

"I'm here for you Quez and you know that!"

"But it's not the same!" I argued, continuously pacing back and forth. I felt like breaking down all over again.

"Well I'm sorry Q. I wish I had the power to change things, but I don't. But we have the power to take these niggas down. Go out and get revenge for her Q."

(Peanut's POV)

Tre had some urgent business to attend to in LA. So Rainy let me stay the night with her. I didn't even wanna fuck which was surprising. I just missed being up under her. It felt right.

I initially woke up before her. Still trying to shake off my natural jail instinct. I made my way to the kitchen, and decided to make breakfast. Nothing major cause I was far from a chef. Just some pancakes, bacon, and eggs.

When I was nearly done, Eli came downstairs rubbing his eyes. When he caught glimpse of me his eyes lit up and he ran and hugged my leg. "Daddy you still here?"

"Yup." I smiled proudly as I picked him up.

"Are those pancakes? I looove pancakes!"

"Grab a plate little man." I said as I placed him down. He did just that and I fixed his plate setting it down in front of him.

"What kind of juice you want?" I asked as I opened the fridge.

"Apple."

I smiled. He was my son alright. I loved me some apple juice. I grabbed down two cups pouring one for me and the other for him.

"Chef Thomas." Rainy giggled as she made her way down.

"Something like that."

I made her plate before making my own. Once I was settled. We had a family breakfast.

"Daddy you cheating!" Whined Eli as my score went up three on 2k.

"You just suck little dude." I chuckled.