The Truth Hurts

(Tre's POV)

It was clear to me now, more than it had ever been. My future with Alicia, was no more. I know I'd fucked up too many times and I shouldn't have expected her to wait for me. I knew I was in the wrong, but things were far too damaged to even begin to repair. Now she was the enemy, but fighting her was like fighting against myself.

About two days after our incident, I met up with Quez and the gang to discuss a game plan. We needed to move in on Jodye and his guys pretty quickly before we started to lose business, or better yet more lives. Having recruited some of his former team, they were aware of the ropes and knew most of his moves and how he ran things, but Jodye was still good at what he did so there was no room for slack.

It would be messy and I wanted to make sure I warned everyone that war was bound to happen and if we were brothers like we said, we'd have to be willing to die for one another.  I know I was willing to lay down my life for this, what I'd worked so hard to build.

"Continue to steal his corners, until they are OUR corners. We run this now!" I shouted across the room. Everyone applauded and fist bumped and a wave of pride washed over me. I was that nigga, nobody could tell me otherwise.

(Rainiyah's POV)

Spending so much time with Jamie and Eli was such a stress reliever. They treated me like a Queen, doing nice things for me and catered to me, especially with this nasty head cold I'd caught. My head felt like it was going to spin right off my neck and it was merely impossible to breathe through my nose.

"Baaaby!" I whined loudly from my bedroom.  Jamie was in the Kitchen making me some soup, while Eli rubbed my feet. I was being such a big baby but I didn't even care.

"Yes love?" He breathed out once he made it to my room.

"I'm sooo thirsty." 

"You want some hot tea baby?"

I tapped my chin unsure. "Hmmm, no."

"Then what?" He asked, itching to leave.

"I want... some juice."

He rolled his eyes and made his way to the kitchen. Five minutes later he came back with a cup of tropical punch, just what I liked.

"Gimme kiss."

"Eww no then I'll be sick just like you"

"So?"

"So... I won't be able to take care of you"

I rolled my eyes blushing. "We can take care of each other."

He bent over the bed, planting one on me.

(Quez POV)

"Boss." I called to Tre as he made his way to his car.

"Wassup Q?"

"Can I ask your opinion on something?"

"Sure." He answered scratching his head.

I swallowed deep not knowing how to get the words out right. I hesitated and was tempted to say never mind.

"You know you can talk to me about anything Quez."

"Kaienne's pregnant." I blurted.

"Kaienne... Reggie's girlfriend?"

"Yes."

"Does Reggie know?"