The Research

“Amanda breakfast!” I hear my dad call up the stairs. I get up slowly with a groan I managed to fall asleep for an hour at most. I shuffle over to the boxes and pull out what i'm going to wear and get dressed. I get ready and walk downstairs to see the door shut “move me all the way to nowhere and never even say good morning” I walk out into the kitchen and look around “you also lied about breakfast” I grab my bag and walk out the front door and towards the school. good thing about a small town is everything is close. I see the school and get the thought to skip but I decide against it….I didn't want to deal with my father he doesn't do much for me but when he learns I skip school he gets super angry. most would say thats a fear but again it's not it just annoys me. I walk into the school feeling eyes on me immediately. I keep my eyes down and walk into the classroom taking the seat all the way in the back.. Other student pile in and sit down already whispering about how i'm new, unfortunately i'm jarred out of that thought when I see these are lab desks that means two to a desk.lucky me no one wanted to sit next to the new kid. what seemed like days later was only hours and school was let out. I heard from a few people talking about some local children disappearing. With my interest peaked I went to the library and into the archives and looked up that name “liu” I couldn't help but say it. when i typed it into the search bar I started reading this article about a family murdered a brother, mother, and a son. I kept reading to find out it was a family of four and one of the brothers was the culprit. “jeff” I whispered to myself. That article led to others about missing children over the years and other unexplained things. “for this little town there has been a lot of crimes” I say to myself looking around. I grab the sticky note with an address written down. I walk out of the library and look at the note I had “jeffs old address” I said quickly walking down the street. I walk a bit out of the edge of town the house looked run down still had the crime scene tape laying on the porch. I walk up slowly and tried opening the front door with no luck I jump off of the porch and walked around to the back yard. The back door seemed to be slightly open so i opened it more just enough to slide through I put the door back to position it was. I turned around and covered my nose with my sleeve there was a smell of old dust and rot it wasn't to bad but enough to make me cover my nose to prevent any further exposure to the smell.I slowly walk through the kitchen and into the living room looking around the corner first then slowly stepping in cringing when I heard the floorboard creek. I walk carefully minimizing the sound and walking over to some pictures looking at them carefully, I heard a creak from behind me and turned quickly then dismissing it as quickly as an old house noise. I studies the room a bit then seeing a dark spot on the floor walking carefully over to it I pulled out my flip phone for a bit of light so I can see the spot. I could only guess it was blood….this looked like the spot from the photos of the crime scene where the bodies were laying. Then suddenly I felt a pain on the back of my head and the world went dark….