Chapter 3: Unexpected Meeting

CHAPTER 3: Unexpected Meeting

Matt's POV:

"Aunt Tesa," I yelled as I enter the house. Aunt Tesa is our head housemaid and also my nanny. She's been with us since I was 3. Our house has 5 other housemaids. My house is a mansion but I live there for years without any parental guidance. My mom is too busy working in her business world. My dad died when I was 5 so my mom works her butt off to save the company that dad made.

That's why mom is not at home all the time. She just visits me once a month. My family owns the biggest construction company in the world. That's why mom is always flying in every corner of the world.

"Matthew!" Aunt Tesa exclaimed with her Spanish accent. Aunt Tesa is more like a mother to me than my biological mom. "How was your first day?"

"It was really good," I replied with a grin. "I have a new pet again."

"You know, Matt, you should stop that pet-girlfriend-slave thing you're doing," Aunt Tesa adviced. "It's not good."

"But I always do this, Aunt Tesa. And I like it," I said.

Aunt Tesa sighs and asks, "So, who's the poor girl?"

"She's Senior like me. She's in my English class," I said while heading to the kitchen. "She'll be coming over here tonight."

"You invited her to come here?" Aunt Tesa asks in surprise.

"Yup. She'll be eating dinner with us," I replied.

"That's odd. You never invite your girlfriends here," she said.

"Pet-girlfriends," I corrected.

"Girlfriends," she insisted. I rolled my eyes and she continues, "Why did you invited her?"

I flash her a smile and taps my hand on her shoulder saying, "It's for a change."

She just stared at me and raises her eyebrow. "You're weird," she says.

"I'm hot," I joked. She shooks her head in disagree. Then I added, "Well, let's start chopping."

"Cecilia!" Aunt Tesa calls her niece who's also one of our housemaids.

"Sí, tía," Cecilia answers as she scoots to the kitchen.

"Call the others and we'll start making dinner," Aunt Tesa ordered.

"Sí," Cecilia replied then scooted her way out to look for the other maids.

Lily's POV:

"Where are you going?" a familiar voice said while I was about to open the door.

"Mom," I exclaimed when I turn around and saw her standing behind me. "I thought you were still out."

"I just got here to come pick you up," she said all excited.

"What's going on? Where are you taking me?" I asked abruptly.

"Duh, don't you remember? It's my freakin' birthday!" mom said in a sarcastic way.

"No, it's not," I replied bluntly.

Mom rolled her eyes and said, "I'm totally kidding. But you need to go somewhere with me." Mom looked at my clothes and said, "Perfect! You're already dressed. Let's go."

"Mom!" I exlcaimed while she was about to open the door. She turns around and looked at me. "Where are we going?"

"I told you we're going somewhere."

"And where is that somewhere exactly?"

"To a party."

"A party?!"