Chapter 1

Sorry about the shortness of it people. I'll try to make them longer. Anywho, hope you enjoy this chapter and this story,because I have a great deal planned out.

xoxo Berry.

===============================================================================

--6 years later--

“Quack! Quack! Quack!”

“OH MY GOD YOU HAVE NO LIFE!” I yelled hoarsely out of annoyance as I disabled my alarm clock. Seriously,who in the world sets an alarm clock when they don’t have to work? Oh right, me, because I am such a fail. Deciding that sleeping would be pointless, since I’m now awake, I changed into a more decent pair of jeans and a long-sleeved black t-shirt. I took care of hygiene and brushed the cinnamon-colored hair out of my eyes, doctors say my eyes are my own, because neither of my biological parents had green eyes with significant flecks of gold in them. I went to the kitchen, where I saw a letter on the counter addressed to me.

“Dear Mr.Henson,

We send this letter in the hopes  that you will buy-”

I grunted in annoyance and ripped the insignificant paper into shreds, turned on the extractor and burned it all to a cinder. I heard footsteps and turned around.

“What did the poor letter do to you?” asked Ryan,with a slightly concerned look on his face. He wore just his pajama bottoms. His chest was bare, showing well defined abs and beyond chiseled arms and pectorals. The man is regulation sexy, to summarise. His sandy,blonde hair was arrayed from turning in bed and his oceanic eyes were still dazed with sleep as he brought up his hands to rub them.

He was the first person to offer me a place once we split the rent. With me being self-employed, it was more than easy to do. My job? It’s better to just say that I experienced the better of a pyramid scheme.

“Stupid marketers need to realize my name is not bloody Henson anymore!” I left that name behind a long time ago and all the memories as well, except those of my best friend Melissa, she will forever remain in my heart. I looked at the calendar and began to lightly sob as I saw the date.

May 16th.

Ryan came and wrapped his muscular arms around me. He is such a gentleman it’s almost heartbreaking. I sobbed into his chest, the tears, falling on his bare skin.

“Chance,” he began as I did, stopping to let me speak.

“It’s been two years already, I never even got to tell her goodbye when I left.” Melissa had passed on, at the hands of a fully sober driver who just couldn’t exercise patience and texted while he drove. Her car, as I heard,  had taken a side on blow and she died on impact. At this point I was full blown wailing into his chest. He tilted my chin up and placed a kiss on my forehead,his ocean blue eyes meeting mine.

“ Chance, listen to me. It isn’t your fault. I don’t know anything other than what you told me about her, but she doesn’t seem like the kind that would have you feel guilty about it.” I knew that, I wanted to stop blaming myself, but I can’t. Ryan held my shoulders and guided me to the kitchen.

“Come, let’s have breakfast and then you can come to work with me.” I nodded and took a seat. Ryan was looking at me with confusion.

“Well breakfast isn’t going to make itself.” he said.

“Hey, I’m in mourning,” I replied, spanking him, “now get those omelettes going, hot buns.” He began to laugh and patted my head. Besides, he has a cute butt.

“Now there’s the Chance I know and love.” we were always like this, flirting lightly and casually, it was not that big a deal, he’s only two years older. I just sat there, admiring his figure, the way his arms tensed as he flipped the eggs and how the contours of his back moved with his arms. Before I knew it, an omelette was on my plate with two slices of toast. How did I not hear the toaster ‘ding?’