ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ - ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

"I love you," He murmured against her lips a smile breaking through their kiss. 

His hands entangled her soft locks of hair, whilst her fingers did the same. His arms then snaked around her frame, bodies pressed against one another as if terrified of the other leaving.

As if terrified of being caught. Terrified of the feelings they shared. 

Although fear wouldn't stop them, fear was only the beginning. The driving force behind their will and their want for this thing to work… Some sort of an adrenaline boost. 

To him her lips were soft, to her his were rough yet something to sink into. "Your lips taste like fruit," She murmured after awhile. 

"Thanks… I was just eating starbursts actually," He grabbed her waist firmly pulling her as close as possible neither of them able to get enough of one another. "I missed you,"

"I saw you at work today," She laughed at their lips brushing together. 

"It's not the same, I couldn't pelt you with kisses and tell you how much I love you," He pouted breath fanning her face. 

"Well you can now…" And that's when their lips were pushed forcefully against one another's once again. 

However Jugheads alarm clock broke him from his amazing dream causing him to let out a loud groan he didn't know he was capable of this early in the morning.

The worst part of it all was how he knew that she didn't love him anymore and that she would never love him. That Y/N Y/L/N already was taken, already had a husband and everything. 

He no longer had a shot with her… He didn't want to ruin everything for her. He couldn't ruin everything. 

All he wanted was for someone to love him, for someone to care for him. And she had done just that, yet much more. 

She had shown him love when there was no one left to do so, she had let Sammy become something of a son to him. But since he loved them both deeply he had to let them go. 

They were better off without him. 

That no matter how much he helped them, brought them out of a bad place or even simply comforted them he still put them in more danger than he knew what to do with. 

Someone could catch them and ruin her marriage and even worse her reputation. If someone knew that the serpent king had a soft side they'd try and kill her and or anything that would make him weak and fragile.

So if he didn't see them then no one would know how much they meant to him…

He hated seeing Y/N at work everyday but what the hell was he supposed to do about it? She worked at Pops the same as him barley making minimum wage whilst there weren't many job opportunities in Riverdale. 

Alas that's where he was heading now actually pulling up on none other than his motorcycle… He had planned on this being like another normal day since the break off. 

Him, dreaming of still being with Y/N and it utterly killing him to see her all day… However, today was different.

They had worked for hours alongside each other for years… Hell, they met in this very diner. And yet working for hours when they realized their feelings.

Y/N had quit and now the little fun they used to have would be no more.

"Enjoy your meal," Y/N smiled whipping around fast running behind in orders only to slam into Jughead who just so happened to be carrying a milkshake behind her.

"I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed looking at his stained uniform.

He knew how flustered she was… Since preschool was canceled due to a snow day Y/N had no choice yet to bring Sammy with her to Pop's all day. She was glad that Pop actually agreed to having him.

She began to attempt to wipe away the substance with the few napkins she has although it didn't do much help.
It only caused their feelings and the awkwardness to grow.

"My shift is almost over… I can watch Sammy if you'd like," Jughead suggested thus she gazed up at him through a small smile. 

"Are you sure I mean…" She trailed off at the end unable to form words though still against hassling someone else.

"Yeah, you've worked here a couple of years and that's what friends are for right?" He reassured though it came out more like a question.

"Sure… Thank you so much Jughead this means so much to me," Suddenly her arms were around him.

That's how she got to see Jughead's home… Y/N realized how thankful she should have been for her home in the northside having no idea the way that Jughead had been living all this time.

Archie and Y/N's money had been tight but never anything like this. And yet even if the raven-haired man was living like this he still offered to watch her son which warmed her heart at the thought. 

"Thank you so much it seems like he had a good time," Y/N laughed looking at the way Sammy's face lit up.

"He did he was very ecstatic that's for sure," The raven haired man laughed through a sigh. "It'll be sad to see him go… He kept me good company,"

"Yeah I'm glad Sammy wasn't a trouble," and with that Y/N left and didn't know it then but that's how she'd be lead right back to Jughead… Right back to her growing feelings.

Every snow day Jughead would watch Sammy… Which wasn't that many, making the young boy even more excited for them. Y/N didn't know what they did but everytime Sammy came home he had a good time and that's all that matters.

"He fell asleep waiting for you," Jughead explained holding out the small sleeping boy to his mother. 

"Please let me pay you it's been three days in a row-"

"No you really don't have to what matters is that Sam had fun," Jughead tried to reassure however Y/N wasn't having any of it.

"Well then let me pay for dinner for you… Yeah tomorrow after our shift- it's the least I could do,"

"Ok… But be warned Sam's new favorite is burgers and he's a little messy-"

"Burgers I've never gotten him to eat meat," Y/N laughed staring down at her son.

"Yeah well now he won't stop," Jughead laughed and that's when she left not blowing that what was about to start tomorrow would turn her life upside down.

That soon would turn her life into something… Unrecognizable. 

She didn't know that she and Jughead were meant to be- hell she didn't know these feelings… Yet by tomorrow she wouldn't be wondering anymore- she'd finally know.

Finally know the truth… But maybe not all of it,  maybe not the most of it. Maybe she never would l, maybe she'd never know the full extent to her feeling's or maybe she would. Just maybe not all of it well…

Yet.