ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ - sɪx

That night had been when everything changed… When Jughead and Y/N had gotten caught. 

They hadn't been alone after all. 

"Look I can explain!" Y/N exclaimed trying her best to reason with her husband however she knew that there would be no reasoning to it. 

"I don't want you to explain I want to know if it's true or not," Archie shot back at her holding his hands up in the air fully. "Is it true?"

"I-I- Of course, you can't trust a complete stranger who only moved here a week ago!" She exclaimed, trying to avoid the question of knowing how horrible a liar she really was. 

"Is it true?" He questioned again this time his voice more stern and deep showing her that his temper was rising. 

"No alright, it's not… Are you happy?"

"He is is no good for this family, he was never good from the start-"

"Archie…"

"No! You should stop being friends with him he's dragging you down!"

"You're not going to tell me who I can and can't be friends with!"

"Then… Then I want a-"

"Fine… Fine if that's what you want then I'll… Then I'll go tell him right now!" She exclaimed darting for the door knowing full well that she didn't want him to see her cry. 

And that's when Y/N was out the door never to return home until early that morning. Things were looking to be the worst and yet that couldn't help from holding in the tears and holding her head high. 

Jughead will know what to do. 

Little did she know that was nothing less of a lie itself if only she knew that he would end up leaving her in the end. 

"I-I'm sorry," She whispered against his lips glancing up into Jughead’s eyes. "I'm getting a divorce with Archie-"

"Woah where is this all coming from?" The raven-haired man questioned through wide eyes gripping her waist firmly. 

"Archie told me that I shouldn't hang out with you anymore and that he-"

"Woah calm down calm down!" He exclaimed, letting go of her and slipping his blue fluffy jacket around her shoulders and then his own leather jacket.

"What are you doing?" She questioned confused. 

"We're going out… To clear your mind," The raven-haired man reassured changing the subject trying hard not to think about what he knew had to be done soon. 

"Is that really necessary I mean lets…"

"We're leaving," And that's how they ended up where no one would ever be able to find them… Where no one had probably been before. 

Deep in the woods but side Sweetwater River where no one ever dared go with all the murders and all the psychopaths roaming the world. 

However, Jughead knew better, that no one except animals roamed these woods. No one out there but them now. 

"So why do we have to walk so far?" She questioned through a sigh. 

"We're spending the night out here that's why I brought the blankets-"

"Are you crazy we'll… We'll get killed!"

"Nah I've done this so many times before… Come on it's peaceful," He reassured laying the blanket down in a small clearing near a small creek… It truly was beautiful.

"Alright," And that was how they became star gazing knowing fully well that things were totally better when they were together things could get fixed when they were together. 

"See isn't this relaxing," He mumbled through a small smirk. "I know you love it,"

"I do," She agreed through a sigh. "It's just we really should talk about what happened,"

"Shhh no-no… We will in the morning but right now- Right now we relax and tomorrow we talk," He reassured whipping her tears away ever so gently with the pads of his thumbs. "Now please please don't cry- the last thing I want is to see you cry,"

"I'm sorry… I'm scared Jug,"

"Don't be scared…" He mumbled embracing her tightly, tighter than ever before. "I'll be right here don't worry,"

"Promise?" She questioned her voice becoming low and shaky. 

"I promise,"

The next morning Y/N had woken up more than just well-rested but refreshed. The soft breeze on her face and breaths lining her neck. The blankets hung tight around her body as Jughead could be found practically on top of her. 

She didn't know that the next hour held what could be classified as the worst moment of her life… All the things that happened before were a blur, and yet everything that followed was also a blur…

Yet that moment, that incident would always haunt her for the rest of her life. The worst part is that she couldn't blame Jughead or anyone else because the raven-haired man was only trying to do the right thing. Her last resort was to blame herself as to why she didn't try and get a divorce with Archie sooner. Yet Jughead had his reasons.

The right thing. Just the right thing.

And she had to remind herself of that.

"I can't do this anymore," Jughead mumbled glancing down at Y/N who was laying in his arms, head resting against his chest.

It was the perfect moment... That had to come to an end.

God the serpent was dreading this moment however he knew that it was for the best.

"What do you mean?" She questioned glancing up at him.

"We can't be together anymore," He mumbled staring at her in the eyes, pain clouding his own.

"No Jug-" She started yet stopped as he began to get up, her brain losing the ability to function.

"I can't do this anymore- You have a husband... A family I can't be the one to destroy all that," His hands traveled down his face in utter exhaustion.

"No, you can't do this!" She exclaimed, pulling him back by a firm grasp on the arm… Not wanting the man she loved to leave her.

"You can't really give up all that for one man," He murmured avoiding her iron gaze.

"Please don't do this... I would for you," She tried to reassure him by reaching back out to him although it was too late.

"You have everything I would have ever wanted and I don't want to ruin that for you," He explained back now facing her. "And I won't ruin Sammy's life,"

"You don't have to Jug... He loves you," She explains trying to get anything for him to come back.

"Say goodbye to Sammy for me," He whispered now fully on his feet.

"You can't leave me..." She exclaimed fingers brushing across his cheek as she gripped his jaw trying to get their eyes to meet.

He shoved her away though... This is for the best. He had to convince himself of that- He couldn't get in the way for her life.

Y/N grabs the leather of Jughead's jacket desperately although he doesn't make a move, he closes his eyes brushing fingers furiously through his hair.

"Forget about me Y/N I'm just everything of a bad dream,"

"I love you, Jug," Although she soon came to the realization of what had just escaped her lips there being nothing she could do to change his mind.

"Right back at you,"