Chapter Six

Chapter Six

My chest felt heavy as my breaths became more laboured. I was kidnapped by people that think they're werewolves. How did I get myself into this mess, what is going on?

I lay back on the bed and groaned in discomfort, I need a drink. First though I need to change my clothes for some reason kidnapper chic wasn't working for me.

I traipsed over to where Jen was, "hey, do you have any clothes I could borrow?"

She shook her head, "all my clothes are still with him, you could wear a set of you know who's clothes."

I rolled my eyes of course I was staying with her after all, I trudged back upstairs and bumped into her in the hall way, I opened my mouth to speak but she beat me to it.

"I left a set of clothes on the guest bed, it's just down the hall to the right." She swiftly passed me by purposely swaying her hips. I just shook my head at her, I'm not into her anymore ever since that incident I just can't see her in that way.

I huffed and stalked into the guest bedroom, it looked very plain. The walls were bare with one window, white curtains, light blue bedsheets and an en suite. On the bed was a stack of clothes, enough for the next few days. Which was all I was planning on staying for. I needed to get back to Ireland, to get away from all this mess.

I picked out tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt from the pile and put them on. I then walked back into the living room and saw Jen and Beth speaking in hushed whispers in a slight huddle.

I coughed to make myself known, "I'm thinking of going for a drink. Want to go?"

They both whipped their heads and stared at me, Jen was the first to speak. "We can't go, not until we mask our scents."

Beth nodded in agreement, "I'm making a... mixture that we mask your scents. Then you can go where you want, it'll be done in about two days."

I groaned in distaste but I wasn't in a place to argue, "fine but can we at least order pizza. I have to tell you something about our kidnappers."

She furrowed her eyebrows but nodded, she patted the place beside her. I sat down but still kept my distance, I wasn't one hundred percent sure that she was the same Jen. I wanted her to be but I needed to be sure.

I caught sight of my wrists and by now the scars were all visible and I had decided to not wear a jumper. Fuck. I tucked my arms under each other to try and hide my shame. Jen placed a light hand on my arm gently pulling them out from under each other.

"You don't have to hide anymore, Kat you're safe now." She smiled warmly at me, "you shouldn't be ashamed of something that he did to you."

I gave her a quick smile but still subtly hid my wrists, I know they weren't my fault but he did it because of me. It's hard to understand but then again my father was a complicated man.

Heavy feet pounded the floor and I tensed in anticipation of our kidnappers to be back but instead it was a teenage boy around sixteen. I released the breathe I didn't know I was holding and he swung his head in my direction so fast that I thought it was going to fly off. A smirk grew on his face and he sauntered passed me and kept his eyes on Jen.

"Well hello there," I could tell he was trying to sound flirty but his voice cracked slightly. He leaned in close to her and I could tell she was beyond uncomfortable. He reached over and brushed a stray hair from her face and she visibly cringed, "I love chocolate."

That's it, I'm done. I started wheezing with laughter, I was laughing so hard that I thought I was going to get sick. I looked over at the pair and the boy looked annoyed but Jen, she looked so relieved.