Chapter 1

Chapter 1
Strolling

Castle and I walked hand in hand down the snow covered sidewalk in Central Park. The New York winters were always brutal, but at least I had him to keep me warm. I looked up at him. He had snowflakes resting on his eyelashes and in his hair. I grinned at the thought of him me and him kissing, snow falling and landing in our hair, us not even caring.

Suddenly, he looked down at me and smirked. Red flushed to my cheeks. He had caught me staring at him. He stopped at the end of the sidewalk and stood in front of me. "Kate, do you ever wonder what it would be like without your other half?" He asked, surprising me a little. I replied to him, "Well, I've never really thought of that." He shifted his weight and sighed. Castle then proceeded to the park bench across the way, pulling me behind him.

He sat, motioning to the seat next to him, signaling for me to sit. I say down next to him, putting my hands in my lap. "I've been thinking a lot about us. Where were going. And I've decided I want more." Castle said. I feeling of grief washed over me. Was he breaking up with me? Castle stuck his hand in his jacket pocket and pulled out a small, felty box. I gasped and he knelt down on the soft, wet snow and set a hand on my knee.

"Katherine Houghton Beckett, will you marry me?" He asked as he opened the box, exposing a diamond ring, sparkling in the cloudy sunlight.